• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cinebench r20 performance loss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In win 10, get safer networkings ani beacon.
there is A script that will remove all the modern apps from the os, I'll post it when I get back home, these help some.

You can also run something like CCleaner and just disable all junk at startup or all these ridiculous microsoft apps including all the time active in the background edge browser.

Btw. +/- 100 may happen in Cinebench R20 even when everything is fine. Usually, it's less like +/- 20-50, while +/-100 point difference happens more often at 7k+ range.

I've got everything disabled already, the variation range has been considered, in this case updating windows caused a drop in the variation range of roughly 100 points, I'd like to know if there is a service or any kind of optimization windows Update reverted and I didn't consider. For example services were disabled in 1909 version, after the update at 2004 ver. All the disabled services have been reverted to default status and probably something else under the hood I didn't consider

running this, in powershell, as admin, will remove all those modern apps from win10, you will not be able to get them back, if you want even one back you will have to do A fresh install, this is not to be tested with and use at your own risk.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Do you think it is one of the apps that is responsible for the issue? Even if background run has been turned off and many of them have already been removed (using ccleaner and ashampoo uninstaller) ?

running this, in powershell, as admin, will remove all those modern apps from win10, you will not be able to get them back, if you want even one back you will have to do A fresh install, this is not to be tested with and use at your own risk.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
hi C_D. Which apps does it remove?

it's pretty much the same as this script but it prevents them from reinstalling.

<# Use 'set-executionpolicy remotesigned' prior to running this script. #> If (-NOT ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator")) { $arguments = "& '" + $myinvocation.mycommand.definition + "'" Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs -ArgumentList $arguments Break } get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.3DBuilder | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Getstarted | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.SkypeApp | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsMaps | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Office.OneNote | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.XboxApp | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.ZuneMusic | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.ZuneVideo | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingSports | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingNews | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsPhone | remove-appxpackage get-appxpackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingFinance | remove-appxpackage write-host "completed"

I don't understand this script, how do you use it? If you use it are you able to revert it back?

If you have to ask....don't use it. :)

You're chasing after negligible differences in the first place my man. Just enjoy your PC. :)

I'm with earth dog on this, if you have to ask, don't use it.
scripts and such can be powerful tools and cause great problems.
If Earth dog will delete my posts that contain those scripts, I would be thankful.

I dont think we need to go that far, deleting posts! Its good info in the right hands. We can help this guy go through it.. we all started somewhere.. but he needs to be aware this doesn't really give tangible benefits outside of some benchmarks and that last little bit. :)

Running the script is very easy,
1 click the windows start button
2 scroll down the windows menus to windows powershell and open the powershell sub menu
3 right click powershell, the top powershell, there is more than one offered.
select run as admin
4 after the window opens copy and paste the script into the window and hit enter, let it do it's thing and then close the window, poof, lots of stuff is gone forever, or you reinstall.
between this and safer networkings anti beacon it settles the processor down quite A bit.

I just saw that antibeacon is no longer free, sorry.

Honestly using that script is not the solution, I was running better score on ver 1909 without using this

Why not doing a 1909 clean install or roll back?
It's seems that it would be the best (and fastest solution) to retrieve the lost performance.

Back