• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clockgen help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackpaladin

well i just dl'ed it, and on when i run it, the clock tab is grayed out so i cant click on it. i can only adjust the multiplier or the voltage. my mobo is an asus k8v-se dlx, and im running an a64 2800+ CH core. any help would be appreciated thanks!

blackpaladin said:
well i just dl'ed it, and on when i run it, the clock tab is grayed out so i cant click on it. i can only adjust the multiplier or the voltage. my mobo is an asus k8v-se dlx, and im running an a64 2800+ CH core. any help would be appreciated thanks!

you did download this one right?

http://www.cpuid.com/download/CG-ICS950405.zip

it seems that ClockGen may not have support for the exact PLL that your mobo uses, as i believe it is different than just the plain K8V.

the reason the FID/VID tab still works, its that this part of the program, is the same for all A64 mobo's:)

GL
-Jess-

so even though mine is just the deluxe version one, i cant use it??? i would have thought that it would still work as the bios and everything is the same. theres just more on the board.... and yeah, i dl'ed that version...

blackpaladin said:
so even though mine is just the deluxe version one, i cant use it??? i would have thought that it would still work as the bios and everything is the same. theres just more on the board.... and yeah, i dl'ed that version...

no, i suppose for some really odd reason, Asus changed the PLL(the chip that controls clocks(aka mhz)) between the 2 boards

Last edited:
The Coolest said:
Jess a PLL controls the FSB/HTT, not FID. FID = multiplier.

sorry for my mistake Coolest, i knew that FID(fequency IDentification) was the multipier, but i also though it was used when refering to other frequecies, such as HTT's , or FSB's.

i edited my above post

tnx, forgive me of my ignorance:D
-Jess-

Hehe, no problem, I wouldn't probably even catch it if not the work I've done on this GCPUID :p

El<(')>Maxi said:
I think you have to click on 'get values' before you can adjust the FSB in Clockgen;)

he says the clock tab is greyed out, so he cant click on it, i experienced this same thing, on my KV8-PRO, when i tryed using the KV8-MAX clockgen, although you might have a point here :beer:

-Jess-

Back