• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Closed loop, or make my own?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdyoung1985

I currently have an Antec Kuhler 620, which works rather well, but have a 7970 that I'm thinking about liquid cooling, and plan on getting another 7970 after I get either an i5 4690k, or i7 4790k, and am most likely going to want liquid on the 2 cards, thinking they will produce a good amount of heat. Does that make sense to you guys? I'm new to the whole liquid cooling thing. My case has 2 fans in the front, the radiator and fan in the rear, 1 fan on the side, with room for another, 1 on top with room for another, and bottom mounted psu, and I believe room for another fan at the bottom, would have to pull the side cover off and see if the psu is too long or not, don't remember off hand, and not in the mood to pull the pc out to take it off and look lol.

Wondering if there is sufficient room to run liquid cooling on both cards, what ones you'd recommend, or if I should go with something like the Gelid Icy Vision...

Well, its up to you. You can go air or water but it depends what you want to do. You want water temps and a quieter rig while having a pocket for water cooling stuff than go water otherwise stick with air and improve the case's air cooling performance.

If you go water, have a read at our water cooling stickies and have a look at your case with water cooling examples to see what fits.

Back