• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cloud Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

I need to find a cloud service that will work on windows xp, 8 and an android tablet. I need it to automatically sync specified folders on the xp and 8.

Size of storeage is not a concern, it will be small files.

I would use windows live if it wasn't for the xp machine, I don't know how to get windows live to sync on an xp machine.

Free or cheap would be great.

Any suggestions?

dropbox, skydrive, box. you got quite a bit of options out there... They all pretty much do the same thing. I'm currently using box and I have a folder on each of my machines that syncs with the cloud folder. Anything added to the folders on the machines will be updated to the cloud folder. If any change is made to the cloud folder the synced folders will update on the different machines.

ok thanks

I know that skydrive downloads an app in windows 8 and wasn't certain if it will run on windows xp. At some point I reached the conclusion the application wouldn't work on xp and I don't remember why, maybe i'm wrong.

I will look into it and if needed look into the ones you mentioned. Thank you for the information, appreciate it.

You can also use BT Sync, there is no offline (cloud) storage, but no limits to file size or total amount of data transferred either

Back