• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM 212 Evo with 4770k..anyone get good temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarablue

Registered
I am about to give my 2nd go with 4770k and 212 evo cooler. Last chip and heatsink I was running at 95+ temps @ 1.200 volts 4200mhz. Has anyone gotten good temps with a 4770k and the 212? I've read nothing but high temps with this setup and just want to know is it even worth overclocking with this cooler.

I am thinking of deliding the cpu. Wondering if that would help or would it even matter?

Thanks! :)

I ran a delided 3770k evo +212 with liquid pro just under the die/ihs and could keep it cool at 1.4v 4.8GHz

wanna delid my 4770k but havent cuz even on custom water 1.3v gets 95+c :(

Double check your thermal contact and BIOS fan settings. I have a 212 Evo cooling a much hotter 3930k and it stays in the low 60s at full load.

Double check your thermal contact and BIOS fan settings. I have a 212 Evo cooling a much hotter 3930k and it stays in the low 60s at full load.

Ivy and haswell use paste under the ihs reason for high temps u can check 100 times isnt going to matter

I delided my 4770k and now my temps are 15c lower. Happy about that. Wanted to know if it would be ok to run a 1100rpm fan as the pull on my 212 evo? I think the fan that comes with it is 1700rpms. Would it be ok to run that much lower of an rpm fan as pull?

Ok thanks again for the help! :)

I delided my 4770k and now my temps are 15c lower. Happy about that. Wanted to know if it would be ok to run a 1100rpm fan as the pull on my 212 evo? I think the fan that comes with it is 1700rpms. Would it be ok to run that much lower of an rpm fan as pull?

Ok thanks again for the help! :)
The stock fans are pretty weak. Invest in a nice Delta or Nidec.

Back