• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cm 810 stacker arrived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

nice looking case .. plenty of fans .. didnt transfer anything over yet .. still trying to get an idea of how im gonna setup this case .. i need to get 120mm fans .. cuz i think the rear 2x120mm fans are like coolermaster11cfm fans LOL

its kinda confusing on how to remove all this crap out of it

coming soon .. after i figure out how to take drives out .. etc in it ..

also how can i rig 2 more 120s

I suggested before to fabricate a bracket as this is what I planned on doing. However I just went ahead and utilized zip ties. I first used two zip ties to tie together two fans by securing them through the mounting holes in the corners. I then utilized an additional 4 zip ties to mount the two joined fans to the chassis. You can loop the zip ties through the mounting holes in the corner of the fans and it should be fairly obvious in finding a place to attach the ties to the chassis as there are many options. Sorry that I am unable to supply pictures...no digital camera.

god im so not looking forward to swapping all my stuff out tonite .. im just unsure on how to do it .. ive been so used to lian li for my past 7 cases that im still trying to figure out how everything is removed and also im gonna only be running with the stock fans for now until i can order somemore

My original stacker was very easy to get apart and put together.

check my Baby boi blue link in my sig, not sure if it will help,. i dont think the case structure is much diff.

yeah im getting the hang of it .. im gonna drill a 120mm blowhole up top .. instead of that crap 60 or 80 that is there

You really need to replace the stock fans, the CM fans are really pathetic CFM wise :-/

yeah im thinking about getting the maddog whisper 120s at compusa .. they are just rebadged yate loons .. 60cfm or something at like 24db ..

and im gonna make that crappy blowhole into a 120 ..

anyone know the what size hole saw is for a 120 fan ??

madhatR said:
so that is what all you guys are using ??

You could also do this:

Get a dremel
Use the RE-Enforced cutting discs
Take a CD and trace around it with a marker
Using the dremel, cut along inside of traced circle
Switch bits on the dremel to a metal filing tool to smooth the edges out.

I was thinking about getting this case for my next computer, really big which I like. Do you see a good space to put in a 120mm x2 radiator? Possibly in the front or top.

Also I was wondering how sturdy the mesh in the side is, was thinking could pop that out for window or just cut my own of a bigger size. The optional window at xoxide is a bit expensive.

When I cut the hole for my current PC fan I used a jig saw to cut a rough circle then sanded it to shape with my dremel, the metal on my case was going through dremel blades like mad so I gave up on that. A thiner case dremel works best though because the jigsaw can bend and tweak walls.

¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸©Birth Of Little Boy blue©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
this just convinced me to buy this case. i was looking at either this or the YY-0221. my biggest complaint with the YY was aesthetics. ironically i drew my "perfect case" in mspaint, and it ended up identical to the stacker.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3072/perfectcase0uq.jpg lol

i was thinking about switching the panels sides. i don't want to fuss with that huge round grill thing. is it possible to flip them upsidedown, and mount them on opposite sides?

the biggest thing that appeals to me is the placement of the psu's, and your guide showed me how much space there is for extra wires and modding, and i was hooked.

edit* i just read this
Do you see a good space to put in a 120mm x2 radiator? Possibly in the front or top.
what i was gonna do is put my opticals on the floor of the case next to the second psu, and chop holes in the side. then use the entire front panel for my (future) 2x 12cm radiator.

madhatR , have you transfered yet?

Last edited:
bert202 said:
I was thinking about getting this case for my next computer, really big which I like. Do you see a good space to put in a 120mm x2 radiator? Possibly in the front or top.

Also I was wondering how sturdy the mesh in the side is, was thinking could pop that out for window or just cut my own of a bigger size. The optional window at xoxide is a bit expensive.

When I cut the hole for my current PC fan I used a jig saw to cut a rough circle then sanded it to shape with my dremel, the metal on my case was going through dremel blades like mad so I gave up on that. A thiner case dremel works best though because the jigsaw can bend and tweak walls.

there is 2 places to stick a 2x120 rad .. in the front and there is also 2x120s in the back .. so u could fit it there as well with no modding .. that is why i love this case ..

just took everything out of my old case .. gonna switch everything over tonite ... still dont have any new fans or anything .. gonna have to wait about

mr.government .. i see in ur link u did put sound dampening material on there .. im gonna do the same .. where do u recommend to put it .. the bottom ? the side panels ?? behind the motherboard tray ??

p|astic said:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3072/perfectcase0uq.jpg lol

i was thinking about switching the panels sides. i don't want to fuss with that huge round grill thing. is it possible to flip them upsidedown, and mount them on opposite sides?

the biggest thing that appeals to me is the placement of the psu's, and your guide showed me how much space there is for extra wires and modding, and i was hooked.

edit* just read this

what i was gonna do is put my opticals on the floor of the case next to the second psu, and chop holes in the side. then use the entire front panel for my (future) 2x 12cm radiator.

madhatR , have you transfered yet?

oops the one i have doesnt hold 2 psus .. psu is on the bottom ..
but u gain having 2x120 rear exhaust instead of an a single 120

Back