• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM HAF 932 modding & watercool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RevanCorana

Hi all,

I'd like to have some advice for a watercooling build because i am new to this and totally unexperienced. :D

The new stuff:

¢ Antec High Current Pro 1200
¢ Core i7 3930k [WATERCOOLED]
¢ 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz
¢ 3way sli GTX670's [WATERCOOLED]
> ASUS DirectCU II TOP (with 680's pcb)
¢ OCZ Vertex IV for Windows 7 (8?) and HACKINTOSH
¢ WD Green Caviar 3TB and Black Caviar 2TB, both Sata III

* LG BD reader / DVD writer
* NZXT Sentry 2 rheobus

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm planning on overclocking this a bit (CPU 5ghz and gpu +20%).
Then a good watercool system would be required.
something like:

¬ Swiftech MCP35X
¬ Koolance CPU-370 rev1.1
¬ 3x Koolance VID-NX680
¬ PHOBYA 240 G-CHANGER V1.2 (Push-Pull 4x120mm)
¬ Koolance 1x140mm 30-FPI Copper

What about this pump? versus the MCP655 for example? The plus of the mcp35x is the built in reservoir, there won't be much space in the haf.

I didn't find any review of the phobya, i picked up this one because it looked quite fat :D wich means more space for the fins right?

Is there enough radiators? for the 3 670s and the OC 3930k

Do you know a full waterblock for the gpu? Like the 680 hydro cooper one, it would feel far sexier in my pc!

For the HAF modding i had some ideas:

1) Putting the psu in the 3.5 bay. I'll cut the HDD vents and replace it with some light thin foam, used as dust filter.
Also this way to place the psu agrees with the Antec HCP 1200 wich has a 80mm fan exhaust not intake, for the intake the 230mm fan will help
b96796c739e4.jpg

2) Changing the fans orientation, the low-part of the case will stay cool (cool air heavier) and 4x120mm fans Push-Pull of the radiator will push the "half cool" air trough the chassis, from low to high.
Also the HAF can handle 4 120mm fan on the left side pannel. The 2 from below will push the air in and the 2 above take the air out

33f1b0b8c1cb.png

larger: http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=33f1b0b8c1cb.png

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I'll post some photos soon to follow the progression of this project, my cam died a week ago RIP :eh?: :screwy:

Last edited:
All I can really help you on is the pump. As far as I know, the 35X has a higher flow rate than the 655 does, so that should help.

As far as Koolance Rads and blocks, I've had pretty good experience with them, and I've heard nothing but good things about them ;)

Back