• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Colors appear washed out after coming out of sleep/booting/using 3d application

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

I'm seeing a similar problem to the one described in this question, but my circumstances are a bit different, and the suggested solution doesn't apply (that is, those startup entries do not exist). I was previously using an Nvidia card on my desktop computer. When that failed (hardware issue), I was using my onboard graphics (Intel HD) for a while, until I could go pick up a new card. The new card is Nvidia as well. Now, every time I boot, wake the computer from sleep, or quit a game, the colors appear washed out.

The only way to fix this is to play with the "digital vibrance" slider in the Nvidia control panel. Playing with the gamma slider does nothing, but as long as I make any change at all to the digital vibrance slider and put it back to where it was (50%), the colors will return to normal.

I've tried uninstalling the Intel HD Graphics software already, and my drivers are fully updated. I even did a clean install of geforce experience. What else could have been left behind, in either settings or drivers/services, that could be causing this issue?

GF Experience itself? Unless you actually use it, get rid of that hunk of junk and just install drivers and PhysX. :)

Back