• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coming Back To Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ That Rad LOOKS so sweet :)

I like it and it has served me well. I ended up integrating into a benching table that is slightly easier to move around. I say slightly because when it is full it is still excessively heavy and akward. Anyways you can find some pictures of the setup here.

I like it and it has served me well. I ended up integrating into a benching table that is slightly easier to move around. I say slightly because when it is full it is still excessively heavy and akward. Anyways you can find some pictures of the setup here.

I would have put Quick Disconnects near the Rad so that it was easier to move.
You have not mentioned - BUT - That looks like a Plastic Hard Drive Protector holding a Fan :) It looks like you are using a EKWB Thermophere GPU cooling block????

I forgot to ask :facepalm: Is there a preference on which way the fans blow??? The Hose connects on one side, the fans need to be pushing from this side??

Last edited:
What's the FPI of that radiator Lochekey, it's not listed in the specs?

Pretty sure it's 12 FPI, I have one of these as well on my cold water set up. Have considered just removing it and getting a larger resevoir since I'm using a deep freezer the rad is pretty much just taking up space.

Pretty sure it's 12 FPI, I have one of these as well on my cold water set up. Have considered just removing it and getting a larger resevoir since I'm using a deep freezer the rad is pretty much just taking up space.

I measured mine tonight and came up with 12 fpi as well.

I would have put Quick Disconnects near the Rad so that it was easier to move.
You have not mentioned - BUT - That looks like a Plastic Hard Drive Protector holding a Fan :) It looks like you are using a EKWB Thermophere GPU cooling block????

I forgot to ask :facepalm: Is there a preference on which way the fans blow??? The Hose connects on one side, the fans need to be pushing from this side??

I have a few disconnects on that beat but it is still just a monster.

Yes, you are correct they are plastic hard drive holders. They work great for positioning fans for spot cooling.

The gpu waterblocks are full coverage blocks on my old pair of 7970s

As for fan placement, I prefer to have my fans pushing air through the radiator. In my setup they are blowing the air up towards the bottom of the motherboard. I figure I am not fighting convection this way and it offers some cooling to the back of the motherboard. The fans do not have to be on the house size. When I had my loop in my Air 540 the tubing came out the backside of the rad and the fans where on the front of the rad.

Last edited:
Back