• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command Rate on AM3+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sologuy

Have just installed Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz 16GB kit on my 99X chipset mobo and leaving bios settings for RAM on auto for command rate control, it wants to boot with 1T. However I have found after some quick tests, its not entirely stable, but putting CR to 2T seems to have fixed this so far with the quick tests I have done. So my question is how important for performance is command rate in RAM for this platform? I"m wondering if it needs a bit more Vdimm or the IMC needs more juice... not sure atm..:-/

Previously with my G.Skill Ripjaws rated at 1600MHz CL8 it would boot at 1T but this was an 8GB kit.

Thanks in advance. :)

All manufacturers are programming CR2 ( Patriot even CR3 ) in their memory kits because of compatibility with various platforms/motherboards. On AMD CR1 works almost only on lower clocks and it's not always fully stable. In most cases you have to set CR2. That's if we are talking about AM3+ rig in the thread title. If we talk about X99 then CR1 should work in most cases.

Back