• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comp speakers pickin up radio station!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

Ok, this is just gettin on my nerves...1 1/2 years is enough of this crap, the station keeps coming in louder and louder and it driving me nuts! I tried everything i could think of to correct it and nothing works! Its already to the point where i can understand commercials and the radio station itself on my pc speakers, these aren't some $9 speakers, its a 3 peice set (sub) valued at $135.

Does anyone have a solution for this rediculus problem or has my sanity left me? :confused:

What's happening is that your speaker cables are acting like an aerial, picking up the signal from your local radio station. You can do a few things.

#1 - shield the cables.

#2 - alter the cable length (this works on radio theory)

#3 - try another type/set of speakers

I used to be able to pick up our local council's CB transmissions on my personal CD player when I was out on my bike......it got really annoying, so I changed headphones, and the problem went away:)

I assume you are picking up an AM station, true? Somewhere
there must be a demodulator to convert the signal back to
the normal audio. This could be a simple diode. OR the demodulated
signal is coupling into your audio amp.

Give us more details. We can figure something out.

I hear it from my PC speakers when I turn the TV (across the room) on/off. I don't care enough to fix it but it started when I consilidated all my transformers, hubs, powerstrips, and UPS onto one "manageable" shelf.

Back