• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kommanderkodiak

Hey guys I'm helping my friend with a buid hes in a different part of the state and i just wanna make sure these following parts will FIT space-wise with each other in the case , im prety sure they will but i like second opinons.

THermaltake element G case
EVGA X58 SLI classied motheroard
coolermaster Hyper 212+ heatsink
Patriot viper extreme ram 12gb (3x4gb) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220542_

well now thats funny cause thats what CPU-z said his motherboard was. clarification: he has that case and i had him run cpu-z and it said that was his mobo hes got it all installed the only thing changing is installing that hyper 212 and me maybe throwing him that ram

Perhaps cpuz doesnt distinguish between it and the LE? I physically looked at what his cpuz said via skype share screen and it was the latest version of cpu-z.
ok so for both my real concern is whether the viper extreme ram because of their height will be in conflict with the heatsink based on the layout of the boards?

*i just noticed this is under AMD misclicked oops*

Last edited:
So ive had my friend take picks, i can confirm its an X58 SLI CLASSIFIED code name: tylersburg. With a red and black theme and red PCI-E lanes and it is in that Element G case.

So ram/ramslot wise do i have to worry about the Hyper 212+ interfering with the ram?

Wait, what. No way.

"Tylersburg" is Intel codename for Xeon 5500 dual CPU platform. Those boards are way bigger than ATX. No way they could fit on an Element G.

Wait, what. No way.

"Tylersburg" is Intel codename for Xeon 5500 dual CPU platform. Those boards are way bigger than ATX. No way they could fit on an Element G.

its an evgaboard for sure and it conforms to the looks of the X58 SLI downtown to the large heatsink on the north bridge with the LED E evga logo but its only one socket. Its CPU-z then thats incorrect. How does cpuz detect a board type? IF its via bios its possible his friend who he bought this off used the wrong drivers

its no matter now because hes not comfortable with taking out the motherboard to install the new heatsink. Is that cut out in the motherboard tray big enough for the rear bracket to fit through???

Back