• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

completely heatpiped cooled case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ciffer said:
$1000!?!?! that money could be much better spent on a vaper exchange cooler or umm anything other then a heatpipe cooled case

hehe. Looks to left at the Zalman contraption. Looks to the right at a Vapochill. Looks to the left at the Zalman again. Looks to the right at a vapochill. Me grabs the vapochill and runs.

I think if Zalman made a SFF case like this, it could sell well for the HTPC market, but this behemoth for that much money will fill only niche markets like sound studios etc.

Heatpipes move heat from one end to the other right?

Nope, the heat rises, so it does not go to the other end of the hard drive. It would just go to its highest point. The bad thing is that the tubes do not look like they go up very high.

countermods said:
the case is ugly but different i might get it but not shure yet wanna read some reviews

I like the outer shell. It looks pretty cool. Then again I think those superflower cases are the uglyest cases of all time, but folks love em. So my taste must stink ehehe. Something about the industrial look. Sleek and plain seems so much better then cheap wonky looking plastic.

This may be a weird angle to judge, however from where I'm sitting, I believe the heatsink fins are square, not thinly rectangular, like the mass market Zalmans (and I know that Alphas are made w/square 'fins'.) What do you think?

You need to calm down.. I too have seen stupid replies, however I keep myself calm and get the facts s-t-r-a-i-g-h-t without punching them in the face, J.

Well, interesting concept, but it takes the passive cooling approach over the top IMO. There is only so much that can be done passively, and beyond that you face rapidly diminishing returns. The whole contraption is a tribute to that process.

Think of how much better you could cool your system with watercooling, or active cooling... heck, even with just *some* airflow. Fans are not the devil, as long as you keep the breeze modest. And it's beyond doubt that even a small air movement could offer huge improvements over passive solutions.

To wit- you could hook up your cpu, nb and vga with a waterblock, effectively cooling the bulk of the system. The rest could be dealt with by small passive sinks only. Then add a modest pump (say eheim 1048), a good sizeable heatercore and all with solid 1/2" ID, and all you'd need is a 40CFM supersilent 120mm fan, possibly a 120x38 on 7v for best specs.
Combine that with a smart PS like a Fortron 350 that has only 1 silent 120mm as well and you've got the whole system properlycooled, at the expense of two almost inaudible fans and a pump. I bet you'll still hear your harddisks over that. ;)

fafnir said:
dunno.... guess i'll say i'm sorry....

all is forgiven:) and it looks like my estimate was off by $500 anyway...

yeah, watercooling is probably the better way to go. for 1/4 the price of the zalman, you could get a decent setup that is just as silent and probably kicks the zalmans *** in terms of performance

Last edited:
Back