• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer suddenly turn off even at stock speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try switching to the ddr667 divider and running some tests. I had a batch of ddr800 that could pass memtest and atitool, but would suddenly crash in actual games. When I dropped to the lower speed, it was stable.

I did the test with the remaining DHX, no luck at all.

I also tried running orthos to stress the CPU only (why I didn't think about it before)
the pc also turn off as well. it seems like we can exclude the RAM in the suspected list.

What do you guys think?
Should I buy a M2A-VM to test the current 4000+ or should I buy a 5200+ windsor to test the M2N32??

p.s: about the PSU, beside the sound from the coils, the PSU fan also emit trattt trratt sound. When I tried stoppin the fan, the sound disappear.

Try moving the PC to a different electrical outlet. You tried with different PSU so I would suspect the MOBO. It's possible a bad MOSFET on the MOBO is tagging the PSU causing the FAN to emit the sound of the surge being thrown at it.

thanks everyone.

the RMA mobo is indeed a piece of junk. I have just bought a M2A-VM and I'm doing some orthos test. The first impression is the PSU is now quiet as a cat.

I have just started the test so I cant tell the pc is stable or not. However, I think there should be no prob now.

thanks

thanks everyone.

the RMA mobo is indeed a piece of junk. I have just bought a M2A-VM and I'm doing some orthos test. The first impression is the PSU is now quiet as a cat.

I have just started the test so I cant tell the pc is stable or not. However, I think there should be no prob now.

thanks

You aught to hear my cats, and computers :D

Back