• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer won't sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

If I hit the sleep button, the screen goes black, then instantly pops back on again like something woke it back up. Any idea what's causing this? I even tried unplugging my keyboard and mouse immediately after hitting the sleep button, and that didn't change anything.

Also, I get the following when I run powercfg -a:

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -a
The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 )
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
        The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S2)
        The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Hibernate
        Hibernation has not been enabled.

But I just went into the BIOS and changed C1, C2, and C3 states from Auto to Enabled...is that different than S1-3?
Hybrid Sleep

Last edited:
I also have the same problem, to be honest I haven't bothered to spend the time to sort it out much further than the things you tried and playing around with windows settings.

Have you tried the following commands:

powercfg lastwake
PowerCfg -DEVICEQUERY wake_armed
powercfg -energy

These are all commands that help you diagnose sleep problems from different perspectives. Maybe one of them will give you a hint on what's waking up your computer.

The C states do not affect sleep. Depending on your bios, you may find some option called "suspend to RAM" under power management related menu, this is S3, and you want this to be enabled.

Back