• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerned High? Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran another test this morning(EST). Room temperature upstairs is 66F/19c so basement is cooler than my previous tests.

Here are the results.

I'm not seeing the issue here. Your temps are fine.

Your real world usage will never get near Prime 95 stressing.

If you want some overclocking, spend 30 bucks and throw a Hyper 212 on it.

I'm not seeing the issue here. Your temps are fine.

Your real world usage will never get near Prime 95 stressing.

If you want some overclocking, spend 30 bucks and throw a Hyper 212 on it.

Is this better than a H100 AIO Water system? As it stands my system steps up to 4.1GHz when the CPU loads are 70-80% used, I think its called Turbo or someting. It is a setting in the BIOS. I did try 4.5 but the temps hit 90c and I don't like my CPU being that hot.

Thanks for the input and advice.

The H100i will give you lower temps but as said above, you will have mounting issues.

The Hyper 212 that I linked is also about 80 bucks cheaper.

What is your goal at this time?

The H100i will give you lower temps but as said above, you will have mounting issues.

The Hyper 212 that I linked is also about 80 bucks cheaper.

What is your goal at this time?

To OC my CPU and GPU for gaming. I am just seeing what I can get my current setup down to and then use that as a benchmark for future improvements.

In that case. I would recommend going with the 212 or something similar.

If you find you want to go further after that, you should probably look for a new case and really think about how far you want to take it..... full custom WC, etc.

If he decides to go custom H20, I would advice he reads up and understands what he's getting himself into. Than make sure how much heat will be generated into the loop and how much heat surface will be needed, than he should look for a case to fit all that in.

If he decides to go custom H20, I would advice he reads up and understands what he's getting himself into. Than make sure how much heat will be generated into the loop and how much heat surface will be needed, than he should look for a case to fit all that in.

Agreed...... That's why I suggested to start with a 30 dollar investment.

We both know how deep this rabbit hole goes..... :shock:

Back