• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

confused about ARGB fans,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aliitp

Registered
hello

am a total newbie when it comes to ARGB

i got a Strix Helios GX01 case, and going to get the ASUS X570-E Gaming board,

i understand this board got only 2x ARGB and 2x RGB heades

but i will have the following components which will be using ARGB headers:-

1) A PUMP/Res Combo:-
Using D-RGB connector standard 3-pin (5+, Digital, Blocked, Ground)
is it the same as: Addressable Gen 2 (5+, Data, Blocked, Ground) ??..

2) 3 to 6 ARGB Fans

3) maybe a waterblock too using ARGB header

4) case front lighting requires a ARGB header...

i dont want to use any hubs, light nodes, etc, i just wanna get all ARGB headers connected directly to the ASUS board and control them from there...

is something like this gonna be ok or is it a piece of junk ?
https://m.n11.com/gamepower-air-turbine-argb-fan-set-kit-kasa-fani-adet-secenekli-P455370968

Can i still use the case fan controller to connect and control the fans from there ??

how to get all those ARGB headers accommodated to just two ARGB headers on the board ?

can i join them all together to a singler ARGB header using splitter like this one ?
https://www.amazon.com/MICRO-CONNEC...&keywords=argb+splitter&qid=1622409568&sr=8-4

thank you,

So long as you are using the 3-pin RGB connectors they should all play nice together straight from the motherboard. I have used the splitters that you linked and they work quite well. You'll want to make sure whatever fans, waterblock rgb leds, RAM, etc are ASUS AURA SYNC compatible otherwise the motherboard may not recognize the component and not be able to control it.

I'm not familiar with Gamepower fans and would avoid them unless you find some reputable reviews. If you are looking for a 3-pack the Arctic P12's are hard to beat price to performance. I do like the Cooler Master fans too though. Both links are for 120mm and are both AURA compatible. 140mm is available too if you prefer. The Cooler Master fans are a bit louder, but also push more air. It will be a preference decision for you.

If you plug into the motherboard for controlling the ARGBs then you will not have control from the chassis. It's one or the other. Go with the motherboard as it will have better controls and lighting effects.

So long as you are using the 3-pin RGB connectors they should all play nice together straight from the motherboard. I have used the splitters that you linked and they work quite well. You'll want to make sure whatever fans, waterblock rgb leds, RAM, etc are ASUS AURA SYNC compatible otherwise the motherboard may not recognize the component and not be able to control it.

I'm not familiar with Gamepower fans and would avoid them unless you find some reputable reviews. If you are looking for a 3-pack the Arctic P12's are hard to beat price to performance. I do like the Cooler Master fans too though. Both links are for 120mm and are both AURA compatible. 140mm is available too if you prefer. The Cooler Master fans are a bit louder, but also push more air. It will be a preference decision for you.

If you plug into the motherboard for controlling the ARGBs then you will not have control from the chassis. It's one or the other. Go with the motherboard as it will have better controls and lighting effects.

well i jsut decided to ditch the custom liquid cooling loop and just go with this instead due to local availability:
cooler master m360r

my case is the helious from asus

i want to replace the rear exhaust fan from the case with a RGB fan

how to go about this and any ARGB fan will work or it got to be cooler master, how about the wiring i must admit i also ditched the custom loop thing to make my life easier wiring the RGB part...

thanks,

LOL No worries!

Personally, I would go with the Cooler Master MF120R ARGB for your rear fan. This is the same fan that comes with your ML360R AIO so all your fans will match.

Just connect the splitter that you linked earlier to the motherboard and all the fans RGB headers connect to the other end.

LOL No worries!

Personally, I would go with the Cooler Master MF120R ARGB for your rear fan. This is the same fan that comes with your ML360R AIO so all your fans will match.

Just connect the splitter that you linked earlier to the motherboard and all the fans RGB headers connect to the other end.

couldnt find that MF120R no where, not where i am (Turkey) nor on newegg, anyways, will this work for rear fan ?
https://www.itopya.com/cooler-master-mf120-prismatic-rgb-120mm-fan/

just cant justify the high price 30$ for a single fan !...

Update: also found this:
https://www.amazon.com.tr/Cooler-Ma...dchild=1&keywords=mf120&qid=1624816732&sr=8-6

will it have identical argb effect or it just gotta be the MF120R ?

as a side question, what will happen if you use X company ARGB fan, i mean the fan will look different but will it have same ARGB effects or not really ?...

thanks,

As long as it is aura compatible the lighting will function three same. You don't need the 'R' version.

Back