• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ARGB LED strip compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bww794

Registered
I am looking to add some light inside the rig I'm building and would like some advice on ARGB strips. The only experience I have with LED strips is a plain white non-addressable LED strip powered off molex. I keep seeing the word "compatible" everywhere, but can't seem to find a qualified vendor list or any SOLID confirmation that something will 100% for sure work with AsRock Polychrome. All I want to do is take a strip (preferably long enough to run along the inside front and top of a Phanteks P300 chassis) and plug it right into the 3 pin LED header of an AsRock b450 Steel Legend and use the Polychrome software to change it, the case LED, the IO shield, RAM and southbridge heatsink all to the same shade of the same color.

am I overthinking it and an 3 pin strip is a 3 pin strip, which will work with any 3 pin addressable header on the mb? or is something built into the strip that may make the RGB software not recognize or not be able to control it if it isnt a "compatible" device? Any brand better than others?

Thanks!

per AsRocks website, BitFenix Alchemy 3.0 should work, but BitFenix's website spouts nothing but ASUS Aura (guess someone got paid well).

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to run your Phanteks RGB from your motherboard you will need an adapter. It's really the only knock I have against them. Awesome cases, great prices, but unusual RGB plug.

Back