• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Commander Pro or cheap fan hub?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So I recently bought the PC-O11 Dynamic PCMR version. I plan on using a 360 aio on the side. I also plan on using 3 intake on the bottom and 3 exhaust on the top. My motherboard only has 12v RGB headers and was wondering could I use the Corsair Commander Pro with regular 4 pin pwm fans untill I get a board that supports ARGB? If not, is there a fan hub you can recommend?

I'm confused by this question. You mention RGB headers on the board but then ask if the Commander Pro will work with 4 pin PWM fans. Are you asking if the Commander Pro will power the fans via the 4-pin PWM connector, or are you asking if the commander pro can be used to control the lighting with 3-pin ARGB headers? Fan power appears to be via 4-pin PWM connectors but the RGB is a proprietary connector. I found this adapter on amazon but I can't speak to it's quality https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Adapter-Corsair-Lighting-Commander/dp/B07XNZLZWM/

Ok, this is difficult for me to explain over the net but I will try. I'm not worried about the rgb at the moment since the Corsair LL fans cost so much and I plan to have nine in total eventually. So my plan was to buy six Arctic P12 PWM PST fans for the meanwhile untill I can afford all the Corsair LL fans I want. I will use the the default fans on the 360 rad. for now. My question is, will the Arctic fans work with the Commander pro in the mean time untill I can afford all the LL fans? Can I can mix the Arctic PWM fans with LL fans as I slowly purchase the nine LL fans I plan on using in the long run or will they not work together due to ARGB vs non ARGB/RGB fans voltage/amps? Sorry, trying to explain this the best I can.

Maybe this thread will help you? I'm not sure, corsair does some odd stuff. At first glance I would think the PWMs would work fine for other fans, but I don't want to make assumptions with proprietary hardware.

Back