• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused about water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Bomber

Registered
I have a Gigabite 570 Master M/B, Ryzen 9 3900,G Skill Trident Z neo 3600 16GBX4 CL16 ram, RTX 2070 SUPER, Samsung 970EVO Plus 1TB. Corsair AX1200, Cool Master Cosmos case. I would like to overclocking it also. So far this is what I have. I need a water cooler that is refillable and that will work. And one that moves some good air not to worried about noise. PLEASE HELP Thanx

I wouldn't worry much about being refillable. The fluid will last as long as the pump for most coolers. There are a number of Cooler Master cases called, "cosmos," so I am not sure what size cooler will fit. However, I would suggest using at least a 240mm cooler, 360mm would be best since you are interested in overclocking. If you really want to be able to refill it, I believe the Swiftech Drive X3 has a fill / drain port. Others like the Fractal Celsius and AlphaCool have user serviceable fittings, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can refill them without modification.

You could also get a custom loop kit from a brand like EK or XSPC. Be aware that copper and aluminum water cooling components are incompatible, most closed loop or AIO style coolers use aluminum but there are exceptions. Likewise most custom loop's use copper, but there are also exceptions there (notably EK's Fluid Gaming line).

Are you looking to water cool the CPU, GPU, M/B VRM's? Can you please be more specific. What kind of overclock have you reached on air for your R9 3900? I would recommend figuring that out if you haven't already. These are not great overclocking CPU's and water cooling it generally does not help achieve higher clocks, if that is your goal.

Nice ride man, I agree that you need to quantify what type of results you are going for

Water cooling is a lot of fun, but is more of a hobby than a on ramp to crazy clocks, Especially so with these new Ryzen parts

However you should be able to achieve some modest clocks and have a blast doing it.

This thread is older than dirt, but goes of the fundamentals and is a good place to start

https://www.overclockers.com/forums...Water-Cooling-Your-PC-***-READ-THIS-FIRST-***

Back