• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
F

firsttimer

I need to know if my Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4x8 GB is compatiable with my mobo ( Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ) I am new to this, I started my first build. When i turn on the power, CPU fan , video card fan and case fans spin for two seconds then the mobo shuts down with error code 2C. Need help!!

Your mobo is supporting up to 32GBs of RAM with up to 2444MHz (O.C) clocks. So in terms of supported memories u are fine. You might wanna check though each stick isolated, maybe one or more of them is faulty. If you do that and the problem still persists then you might wanna check ur 8-pin CPU connector, check if the GPU is not properly settled (hey maybe even one of ur memory sticks is not properly settled). Try these three and if u still have problem come back

Lol, Incompatible RAM... That is highly unlikely. You might just have a bad RAM stick period, try just 1 ram stick and see if it boots like LoganG

Try to boot with 2 sticks, raise CPU-NB voltage, about +0.1-0.2V. Next save settings and try if it boots with 4 sticks.
Even though these boards are supporting 32GB it doesn't mean that all kits are going to run without issues.
I couldn't run couple of 2x8GB kits above ~1600 on CHVF ( non Z but it's almost the same ).

Back