• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console f@h faster than graphical f@h???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, it's true.

percentage? err...10%? I have no idea, but it's a fact that it is substaintially faster.

switch over!

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Might lose some WU's in progress but will probably pay off in the long run.....

Anyone give me some help one how to set up the console version. I want to use it with -forceasm and -advmethods of course. Can someone give me the command line they use as an example?

mjw21a said:
Anyone give me some help one how to set up the console version. I want to use it with -forceasm and -advmethods of course. Can someone give me the command line they use as an example?

Try Wedo's One-Click... it adds those flags. All you need to do is edit the client.cfg file to your username and to your team. Double click the exe file and give it a few moments; then you're folding with console power!

According to the folks at Stanford there is no difference in the speed of the graphical client and the concole client except when the graphics are being displayed. There is no other difference, both use the exactly the same cores and the cores are what does the work. If you don't watch the protiens fold, you won't see any difference in speed.

Like ChasR said, the graphical folds exactly the same as the console as long as you don't look at the purty picture the graphical makes. With that said, I much rather the console version but I set mine up manually since I'm not setting up a whole bunch of machines anyways. Just put the console exe program in your folding folder then make a shortcut and add the -configonly flag to the shortcut's target line if you need to change some of the parameter's in your config. The -configonly flag lets you just start up to change your config and then kills the console after resetting your config file.

mudd

hide it with hideitx.exe

hideitx -starthide fah500console -local -verbosity 9 -forceasm

and show it..

hideitx -show fah500console

make it fahstarthide.bat and fahshow.bat

I use Trayit!, which puts the console into the system tray out of the way myself. Plus Trayit! can also be used to put other apps that hang on the taskbar too, like Windows media player into the system tray.

muddocktor said:
Thanks for linking him, 00Buck. I was too lazy and rushed this morning. ;)

NP i love that program for the machines that i dont feel the need to run F@H as a service. Seems some people if they see it on the tray thay freak so for them a service is nice (out of sight out of mind :))
FOOLS Jedi mind tricks work everytime hehe

Buck

yanz said:
hide it with hideitx.exe

hideitx -starthide fah500console -local -verbosity 9 -forceasm

and show it..

hideitx -show fah500console

make it fahstarthide.bat and fahshow.bat

Hmmmm, useful on the server so they don't remove it when I change jobs.....

Useful on all the systems at that point I imagine...... :p

Back