• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console for Christmas...SNES!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jeez, I'm surprised people remember secret of mana (takes me back). I got rid of mine with most of these games for the 64, regret doing this to this day. I thought it was arelatively unknown game, but a great game nonetheless! :)

It's a huge game. I hear about it (As well as Seiken Densetsu, the other japanese sequels) all the time

It's a huge game. I hear about it (As well as Seiken Densetsu, the other japanese sequels) all the time

Yeah, it's pretty popular and well known now. Even the SNES game itself is one of the most widely traded and sought after carts for the system.

Although, back in 1993 when it came out and the years immediately after, it was a fairly low profile title with the North American public. For example, it wasn't the sort of game a person would typically find in a Wal-Mart. Only one of the many rental stores near where I lived even had a copy. RPG's were a small niche in US console gaming (although hardcore gamers as they were) and Secret of Mana didn't benefit from having the "Final Fantasy" name on it. The next sequel (SD3 on Super Famicom in Japan in 1995) didn't even get a North American release. Outside of existing and informed RPGers, not a whole lot of people knew about the game right away.

As time went on and more gamers were eventually exposed to RPG's and this company called "Squaresoft" that seemed to make a lot of the good ones...more gamers backtracked and discovered Secret of Mana. :) So...it seems that it's legend has grown with time.

If you like SoM you should get the Mana games for DS (at least Children of Mana), that is if you have a DS. That title at least is very similar to SoM.

<in best Fat Bast... voice imitation> Get in my belly!

My first ever Earthbound cart finally came in the mail yesterday. :bday:

I had rented it a few times back when it was a current game, but I don't think I ever had time to get much further than about 1/3rd through the game.

This was a cart + dust cover only deal. The full packaging deals on this game seem to go for more in the neighborhood of $200 currently. This was more around $50 and is in good shape. The only noticable sign of wear is just that the label isn't as glossy as I'm sure it once was. The save battery works as the previous owner had a couple level 99 saves on there.

My 3 year old daughter sure liked the look of the artwork in the game. :D

Back