• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console Gamer needs help building a low budget mid range custom gaming PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Perfect. I'm getting 970 instead. Costs a little more, but it's still barely within my budget.

Watch some youtube videos about the 3.5GB bottleneck on the 970 and make sure you are ok with that before you buy it. Nvidia recently released some rather damning information about the 970. The last 512MB of memory on it can not be accessed at full speed due to some gimping of the design by the green team.

Watch some youtube videos about the 3.5GB bottleneck on the 970 and make sure you are ok with that before you buy it. Nvidia recently released some rather damning information about the 970. The last 512MB of memory on it can not be accessed at full speed due to some gimping of the design by the green team.

You won't get near that 3.5GB point at 1440p.

Exactly and 6 is more than 4 which is what I said ;).

Yes, and when you see the settings saying, in the game, "ULTRA REQUIRES 6GB+" then you don't use it with a 4GB GPU.....................................................

I read the misinformation article someone posted on a different forum. It doesn't really bother me. Besides, I'm not trying to play games at a ultra high resolution.

Back