• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Controlling many fans from one one channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Currently i am running the Aquaero LT5, and i wouldnt trade it for the world.

But i have a problem. I need to run 8 fans of one channel, 8 on another channel.

I know the limit is running 3x GT AP15's off one channel, so i am a little behind, and need to know if can get a power pcb where i can plug maybe a molex into it, and then that being controlled from the one channel on the Aqeuro LT5.

Do i have options? If so, what are my options?

Hey guys,

But i have a problem. I need to run 8 fans of one channel, 8 on another channel.

I know the limit is running 3x GT AP15's off one channel, so i am a little behind, and need to know if can get a power pcb where i can plug maybe a molex into it, and then that being controlled from the one channel on the Aqeuro LT5.

Get a soldering Iron and wire or cut the fan wire and wire it all onto one fan plug and when you plug it in all 8 fans will run make sure to tape it if it short circuits your whole mother board will be finished and will go on fire

Hey guys,

I did the same thing for 5x fans just for my CPU cooler bolted straight on cutted the black and red line left the speed controler out and wired it all onto the pirmary fan plug and all 5 runs at same speed when you only need to plug one onto mother board

That is advice i will not take.

Now, some advice in the form what what i asked for would be great.

You basically need to boost output current. I'm not aware of anything, that exists commercially which will do it, but something could definitely be designed.

I found that swiftech make one for pwm fans, but means i need to upgrade to the new aquaero 6, and suddenly this is spinning outta control

You basically need to boost output current. I'm not aware of anything, that exists commercially which will do it, but something could definitely be designed.

Thanks then your wrong there are actually fans with a input and out put 3plug for fans and just plug as much fans as you want and in put onto mother board then it will all run (boost out put current? Thats overclocking and unlocking your BIOS 100% 12,44V and it will not do more but if you unlock BIOS you can give it 13 or 16V and it will oc and spin over 6666RPM and NOT DIE

Thanks then your wrong there are actually fans with a input and out put 3plug for fans and just plug as much fans as you want and in put onto mother board then it will all run (boost out put current? Thats overclocking and unlocking your BIOS 100% 12,44V and it will not do more but if you unlock BIOS you can give it 13 or 16V and it will oc and spin over 6666RPM and NOT DIE

1000x500px-LL-da25e412_that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg

Jesus. :rolleyes:

Its very obvious you have no idea what you are doing. So just stop while your way behind.

Back