• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Elite 110 for 4k gaming box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lodonnell021

Hi All,
So I have recently purchased a cm elite 110 with the intention of downsizing my build, the case was cheap, I like its looks and its quite portable so its ideal when I have to stay in hotels.
So the hardware is a Ryzen 7 1700 at stock (I don't plan to overclock this, at least yet) cooled by Noctua L9x65-SE AM4, 16GB Corsair LP 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500GB, EVGA Supernova 750w P2 and a Zotac GTX 1080Ti Mini.
I have done a test run in this case and it runs well, no thermal throttling but it does get hot.
The front and top of the case surrounding the 1080Ti gets hot which worries me, I have taken the fabric out of the front panel and put the metal mesh plate back although to be honest I can run it without the metal mesh plate as I think it looks rather cool.

Now onto what can I do?
I was thinking of changing the 1080Ti cooler to a hybrid cooler like the Kraken G12 with maybe a Corsair H80i GT and 2 noctua fans as well as an existing noctua fan I have for the 92mm mount for VRM, but would this be worth it? I did getto mount a low profile (80x15mm) fan to the GPU side to blow air directly at the GPU to help, which it did.
Mounting fans at the CPU side of the chassis which would again likely be cable tie job to help cool the CPU and the system in general.
Should I put the PSU to exhaust the air from the case or to have its own air (upside down mount)

Would this be worth doing? can you suggest anything?

Many Thanks

What are your CPU and GPU temps during load? Just because the case is warming up isn't indicative of a problem.

If your load temps are good but you still want to cool the case down further I would look into getting the highest CFM fans you can tolerate (noise wise). I would not flip the PSU to intake the warm case air. This will only add additional heat to the PSU and likely not help much as an additional exhaust. Zip-tieing additional fans to the CPU side of the case is a great idea since you've already rigged up the other side. This will likely help quite a bit.

Unfortunately the Elite 110 is not a great selection for a high end (high heat) build due to limited air flow.

Back