• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master TX3 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclock544

Registered
Hello I would like to know will I be able to run the 80w Xeon e5450 oc'd to 3.6ghz on the Cooler Master TX3 ? Also is the TX3 very loud ? Please reply back thanks.

Hello I would like to know will I be able to run the 80w Xeon e5450 oc'd to 3.6ghz on the Cooler Master TX3 ? Also is the TX3 very loud ? Please reply back thanks.

What is the socket type? if it's 2011 then it should, CoolerMaster has the mounting bracket for it.

Thanks for the reply, It is a socket 771 server cpu in a 775 mobo.

http://ark.intel.com/products/33083/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5450-12M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

Also would the Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA be a better choice for lower noise?

Most CPU coolers that use 120mm fans don't make much noise at all, I have not used a TX3 but I do use the V6GT and it will fit all Intel and AMD AM3 and AM3+ CPU's, it don't make much noise, most of the noise comes from the fan on the GPU, any noise the CPU cooler makes will be drowned out by the GPU fan.

I haven't used the TX3 and looked up the specs on it. With it having a 90mm its going to have to work harder than the 120mm fans. The TX3 is saying it's 139mm (5.47") tall, are you able to get a 159mm (6.26")(Zalman is calling 160mm tall) tall cooler in? If so you may want to consider the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO instead.

IF you can get the Hyper EVO in it offers the back plate for mounting rather than the push pin style the TX3 uses and the 120mm fan offers a lot more variety if you choose to replace it later, not that there is anything wrong with the one it has on it.

Last edited:
Back