• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus or Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooj

I already placed an order for CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus at NCIX which ran a special discount and snagged it for CAD $22.59(with tax)

But then I see this Zalman cooler with a discount - CAD $ 33.89(with tax) with MIR from 69.99 CAD and I am getting a buyer's remorse

So, is it worth returning the Hyper 212 and getting the Zalman?

Or are there other coolers that have good performance and price?

I have a Corsair 600t case, Q9300/Asus P5n-e SLI and was looking for a stable cooler with good temp control

I would still go with the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Evo. The Zalman coolers of that style look nice but they don't seem to perform as well as tower-style coolers. We know the Coolermaster one you reference is a proven performer and very good for all but the real high end AMD CPUs. Should be fine for an Intel CPU because they tolerate more heat.

I have the Zalman CNPS9900MaxB cooler and it works great for me, keeps my IB 3570k fairly cool (around 26 C idle), I have heard nothing but good things about the Hyper 212 though. For my AMD FX6100 build I used a Coolermaster Gemin II S524 due to limited space and it dropped my idle temps into the single digits (around 9 C idle)! Coolermaster products seem to be top notch.

Would it be worth it to cancel the 212 and get the zalman instead(value wise that is)?

No I would stick with the CM 212, they are great from what I hear. The Zalman CNPS 9900Max is more $$$$ too. I know my CM Gemin II S524 works great! The Zalman cooler looks awesome though!

Back