• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster V10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

Arrived today - here are some pics and temps:

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

As you can see it is a tight fit! I am going to have to buy a replacement Blu-Ray drive as the drive just catches the end of the cooler.

Good news is it fits over Corsair Dominator heat sinks.

Now for some temps - running F@H on both CPU (SMP) and GPU for 30 minutes:
My old EK / XSPC loop:
CPU 60c
Cores 50c
Motherboard 46c
Northbridge 60c
Southbridge 49c
GTX460 49c

Zalman CNPS Flex with S-Flex E and Scythe Slim - Stock GPU Fan
CPU 52c
Cores 41c
Motherboard 31c
Northbridge 52c
Southbridge 41c
GTX460 57c

V10 - Stock GPU Fan
CPU 45c
Cores 34c
Motherboard 33c
Northbridge 49c
Southbridge 38c
GTX460 57c

Not too shabby at all - and also pretty quiet! Not silent, but definately quiet.

Expensive, but seems good so far! :attn:

Another half inch to the right and some severe case modding would be needed or even a longer dvd drive would upset things, good pics to compare for anyone thinking about one

Im wondering how that beat your water out. What were you using a 120mm rad?

Anyway, looks, big. Solid temps!

I had that cooler on my i7 @ 4.0 and 3.8 until I swapped to the Megahalems. It was ok but the fans went out 3 different times since I built the machine. I am thinking about selling it(after putting new fans on it of course)

Im wondering how that beat your water out. What were you using a 120mm rad?

Anyway, looks, big. Solid temps!

It was 2x240 rads! but fans were running very slow to keep it all silent.

My only other guess as to why the temps are lower is that with the previous setup, all the air in the case was hot due to being sucked in through the bottom radiator?

I get why water is good but to just compare temps/price vs two types of cooling systems is really a false equivalence.

Water has a lot of issues that are not present in air. As well as a higher skill cap. I'm not trying to hate on water I just want to say that you have to really equate things properly.

Equate things equally? I dont understand the point you are trying to make, sorry. I only wanted to know about the temperatures, not the potential inherint risks and increased costs that go along with water...

the water was undoubtely quieter, also, look at the gpu temps. GPU's on a stock hairdryer now...the v10 doesn't have to deal with the added heat of a gpu

Even in my loop, I would beat out air (with my o/c'd and volt modded GPU, not breaking 46C) with my fans on 1k RPM. Id like to see that cooler bench Wprime1024 at 4.7Ghz+. :)

That thing is huge. Would definitely have to measure if I were planning on one. I have the V8 and have been happy with it so far, with an added push fan at least.

How much does that thing weigh?

Guys - I never said it was "better" than WC. I chose to switch back to air due to struggling to fit more WC kit in my case. (I am recovering from a spine op, so find it difficult, and therefore painful, to be modding/building). I found with WC there was always something else to try and it was a never ending spiral/pit of money.

I bought the V10 because the idea (air + TEC) seemed good, and I couldn't find anywhere with enough info on the cooler. Several sites simply said TRUE is better etc etc.

I thought I would spend some of the money gained by selling my loop to experiment.

So far, so good. I don't doubt that my loop had more potential, and if I had have had the fans running faster it would have been better.

EarthDog - I would LOVE to take you up on that last point, but my CPU won't get that fast (bummer!).

End of the day, if I had more time, and my body wasn't packing up on me, I would much rather be running a WC loop in a bigger case and with a faster CPU (i5/i7 SandyBridge) but at the mo this is it... oh apart from the second GTX460 I have coming soon to test out the SLI Hack on this motherboard...

yeah we know... I party started this OT discussion with my question. Sorry!

Whats funny though is I was going to take an AMD jab at you b/c I knew you couldnt reach that clockspeed, but I didnt. :)

:rock:

You should have done! I love the AMD vs Intel vs nVidia rivalry you get on the forums...

I also love sitting on the fence with brands - have 4 i5 2500ks I am setting up for work which are all overclocked to 4.5GHz (on air believe it or not, Thermaltake Frio coolers even with both fans on the low setting!).

gcwebbyuk, I see in some of your photos that your MB is laying on carpet, that is a NO NO, your lucky that MB did not get hit with static electricity big enough to wipe it out.

Thing is, it takes 1500 volts of static electricity to feel the zap when you touch any metel, and 100 volts can kill a CPU or other chips on the MB. And in the winter, static electricity is realy bad.

I'm glad it's working and your getting good temps, just be carefull :)

DSC00049.jpg

Don't worry - that is a see through plastic sheet between the board and the floor.

Been working with computers for 17 years - not going to fail due to a school boy error ;)

Did some adjustment to the fan settings using the Q-Fan controller on the motherboard.

Now the V10 is as quiet as my old loop was when idling / doing basic officey type stuff, but gets fairly noisy when at full load - although not much more than my old WC loop (please note, I am not trying to dis WC'ing, as I WILL be building another loop in the future) temps now are:

CPU 51c
Cores 41c
Motherboard 34c
Northbridge 53c
Southbridge 41c
GTX460 57c

So not much in it really, still within spec for the CPU and not relatively quiet too (def not silent though).

Looks good, how has that Asus Crosshair 4 been for ya? not to hijack the thread that is. I've seen that cooler fit into a cm storm scout case without modding before too.

Just thought I would update this old post.

I have the V10 running on my Sandybridge i7 2600k, overclocked to 4.5GHz.

The chip idles at around 40ish C and goes up to 70c load (so a nice 20c under max).

This is all with fans set at a nice quiet level :) It is silent until pushed for gaming. That is with a GTX570 Phantom which is also nice and quiet.

Cool. And as a counterpoint, I have my 2600k clocked at 4.5 under water. Loop consists of a MCR220-QP Res radiator, MCP355 with a Swifty micro res and an older Swiftech GTZ waterblock. Rosetta load temps sometimes get as hot as 55 C. :D I do have the original Swiftech fans on the rad, which turn somewhere around 2000 rpm. Not silent, but not extremely noisy either.

Back