• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster V6 for overclocking? Is it good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fikrmy6

Okay I know the V6 is already outdated heatsink, I've purchased it because it is the only best heatsink in my town can offered which no other PC shop in my town sells than this shop. So I just wondering, with this kind of cooler, does it will help to cool off Xeon E5450 running at 4 GHz from default speed of 3.0 GHz?

My system :

OEM Windows 8 (64-bit)
Intel Xeon 5450 (3.00 GHz)
CoolerMaster V6 Heatsink
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
1 TB Western Digital Green Caviar. 5,400 RPM
550 Watt PSU
1GB DDR5 ATi HD 7750
GigaByte EP41-UD3L (Intel Express Chipset G41)

IMG_3481[1].jpg

Okay I know the V6 is already outdated heatsink, I've purchased it because it is the only best heatsink in my town can offered which no other PC shop in my town sells than this shop. So I just wondering, with this kind of cooler, does it will help to cool off Xeon E5450 running at 4 GHz from default speed of 3.0 GHz?

My system :

OEM Windows 8 (64-bit)
Intel Xeon 5450 (3.00 GHz)
CoolerMaster V6 Heatsink
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
1 TB Western Digital Green Caviar. 5,400 RPM
550 Watt PSU
1GB DDR5 ATi HD 7750
GigaByte EP41-UD3L (Intel Express Chipset G41)

I do hope that fan next to the mem slots is a intake fan and the fan on the other side is exhaust because the V6 is upside down not that it realy matters as long as the fans are blowing to the back of the case. As for it handling 4GHZ, yes it should. The Xeon E5450 is a 80W CPU, the V6 can handle up to 200+ watts.
Here is some pics of a system with FX-8350 (I know it's not the same as Intel) at 4GHZ using the V6GT
DSCN0620.JPG
ooops that's a hair ball :)

DSCN0390.JPG
This pic was taken during build.

The V6 should be fine....... check your airflow it should be blowing front to back and out the back of the case otherwise you will be circulating warm air in the case.

Back