• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcode LGA 771 CPU's (EXTREMELY SCARED!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fikrmy6

Hello, I'm already had the Xeon 5450 processor which runs at stock at 3 GHz for couple of weeks. Even so I had proper quality cooling for this processor, the heatsink fans always spins really fast and as I know this due to the Intel SpeedStep technology didn't appear in the CPU-Z which slows down the CPU when not needed. I search delidded.com and seeking for microcoding the LGA 771 CPU for the LGA 775 socket motherboard (which is my mobo runs at G41 Chpset and support 45nm Quad-Core processor) this CPU also missing some instruction sets such as SSE4. Anyonne could give me step by step on doing this right because this is my first time adding microcode and flashing the BIOS and Im really scared :shock:

My system configuration :

3GHz Xeon E5450
4 GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz
2GB DDR5 GTX 750
550 Watt PSU
500GB HardDisk
Gigabyte EP41-UD3L Revision 1.0, F4
OEM Windows 8 (64bit)
CoolerMaster V6 Heatsink

11403102_944404115621885_7101834137693616970_n.jpg

You have every reason to be scared.
What you intend to do should not be done on your only running rig. Especially if you've never done it before. It could leave you with nothing. Bios modding should be left for somebody of a much higher skill set.

I would be surprised if you will find a PC shop with a technician having that skill set in his repertoire. But they may know someone who does. Flashing a bios is relatively easy but modding it is another story. If you do this, make sure you save the old bios to a flash drive in case the mod doesn't work and you need to go back to the previous version.

The bios mod is only to recognize the CPU properly anyway. It should run in the board without the bios mod. By the looks of your attached pic, I'd say you don't need it at all.

Some overclockers disable Speedstep and other power saving technologies anyway.

I would be surprised if you will find a PC shop with a technician having that skill set in his repertoire. But they may know someone who does. Flashing a bios is relatively easy but modding it is another story. If you do this, make sure you save the old bios to a flash drive in case the mod doesn't work and you need to go back to the previous version.

+1 Only if they are a TRUE enthusiast with a huge skill set extending far beond a normal tech. It's like asking walmart auto to rebuild your engine. The closest they've ever came to it is changing you spark plugs and oil.

Hi, got me BIOS from this page: http://genius239239.myweb.hinet.net/771/

All worked fine with my motherboard.

The results are here:

And some photos of my rig:

Also a friend used his modded BIOS for his Gigabyte P35-DQ6 board with DDR2 and it works fine.

I am currently running my xeon E5450 on a ASUS P5Q3 with DDR3 @ 4.12 GHz, memory @ 1460 MHz (see above links for BIOS voltages, details and stuff). Got 76 Celsius on core zero in Prime 95 small data set, but I invested in a Noctua NH-D14 and made proper airflow on my case.

A little more about the motherboard and RAM you can find here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...d-E5450-Xeon-to-3-94GHz?p=7940559#post7940559

Last edited:
Back