• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling a Silverstone TJ08B-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benen

Hi All,
I'm building a new system and am a little unsure a to how to keep the case nice and cool. It comes with 3x120mm fans and has 3x empty 120mm slots. I'd never even hear of PWM fans when I built my last system.
I'll possibly be bolting a H100 radiator to the top two slots but am unsure yet.
Motherboard will be z77 asrock or gigabyte but I haven't settled on a model yet so have no idea how many PWM connectors will be available.
What's the best way to go these days? I've looked most at AP-15s and Cougar CF-V12HP's as my best options for 3 pin and PWM options respectively.

I've noticed that ASUS put 4 pin fan headers throughout their motherboards where other brands just put one or two and the rest are 3 pin.

The TJ08-E has a 180mm intake fan and a spot for one 120mm exhaust fan. The case only comes with the 180mm intake fan. There's no room for a rad up top because that's where the PSU and ODD are located.

I think you may be thinking about a different case.

You can connect 3pin fans to 4pin motherboard headers without issue though.

I'm talking about the B revision of the tj04. It has 6 120mm fan slots. Including a 120.2 up top.

Back