• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling an old coolermaster 690 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have this case. I use it as my HTPC/file server so it doesn't need a ton of cooling.

For exhaust I have three Arctic F12 PWM fans in the 2 top and 1 rear opening. For intake I have a Corsair fan pulled off my 600T in the front and a Scythe Slipstream PWM fan in the lower side opening.

The PWM fans all run fairly slowly unless the case heats up, which almost never happens. The front intake isn't PWM and keeps the 6 mechanical drives nice and cool.

How many fans do you have?

When I had this case I ran 2 front intake, 1 bottom intake, 1 rear exhaust, 2 top exhaust.

It is really easy to install a 120mm fan in the 5.25" bays. You just remove all the metal plates except the top one. Then you can screw the top two holes of a 120mm fan into the bottom row of holes in the last metal plate.
Cooler_Master_CM_690_Case_Front_Off.jpg

If you need to use two bays you can attach the fan to the top row of the plate and it will only take up 3 spots but it will block your fan a little.

Back