• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Diagram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Continued

pic3.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic5.jpg

My dad has that exact computer case himself

all he's using is those 2 120mm fans, front blows air in, back one blows air out, and i believe the defult HS for the CPU, and the fan.......not sure. But his temps get gets are better than mine. and the noise isn't bad at all. ( compaired to mine, a jet engine is quiet) but his computer also sits about.....20 feet away from where he sits ( he uses a wireless keyboard and mouse ) so we don't notice the sound at all.......

and i kinda like Crash's Diagram. Except for that front fan......i think it should blow air inside the case.......and just leave the top fans for blowing heat out......but.......just an idea.

good luck man.

CrashOveride said:

why is that?

wouldnt the fact that its either very slightly raised or *gasp* not raised at all restrict the flow of air coming in?

also, if he has his computer on top of a carpet it would just be sucking dust and fibers into his case...

unless i am wrong (which is definately not out of the question)...

Oh, I see what you're saying, koontz. The arrow pointing up into the case is just showing that air will be pulled in through the lower side intake fan. There is no fan on the "floor" of the case in that diagram.

Hey guys.Im new here.howdy from Texas.Yes it is the best to have all air inter front, out rear.Side fan is always a good inlet option.The comp. on the floor issue is one most don't understand. The biggest prob having it on the carpet is static elect. You already covered the other cons Hope I can help out..

hmmm

those are some BIG fans.....

a lot of good ideas here, just make sure ya got more air comin in, than goin out...

Jognt said:
hmmm

those are some BIG fans.....

a lot of good ideas here, just make sure ya got more air comin in, than goin out...

That is not really needed.
I am assuming you are saying that to reduce the amount of dust in the case, however if you don't use filters it won't really help at all. However if you do use filters than, yes, make sure you have a lil' more going in than out.

Is that a stock PSU that came w/case?You might entertain the thought of a better quality one.There is only one I know of that has the 2 fans inline w/each other.Has a vent bottom side for CPU heat to go out rear of case.I got it from;New egg**. It's the AGPB-P4ATX40F-400W RT $35.You can go to AGPB to read up on it.Dern thing wieghs about 6Lbs. Three times my stock el cheapos
wieght. Its got plenty of 5+vlt and 3.3+vlt Amp ratings.

archilochus said:
It's the AGPB-P4ATX40F-400W RT $35.

My brother has the 300W version. Looks exactly the same. From what I've been told, this PSU is pretty solid one. And if it isn't, I'm friends with my local computer parts dealer, so he can always slip me a deal on a new, more powerful supply.

By the weight of it I'd say it is a rock.Like the chevy truck's!Its posed to be a nice solid piece of equipment.Time will tell.Has plenty of wire even for my full tower case.

this is a goo idea same as im curently dooing but think of this
if you gong to have all these fans you want a fan controller and then your running big fans at low rpms this will be god moving a good amount of air with minumum noise but why not add 1 more 120mm then just have it at low rpm's this willl be alot and will seem like your going overboard but if you can controle them all then if you oc lots of cooling just turn them up and man this will be killer thats why im doin it but get a 400w ps with ether anteck or entermax there trusted and they have 2 fans then set it up like this

all 120mm
front. in
side (vga). in
ontop of cpu (side of case). in
rear. out
top. out
the ps will suck air out

but you have to whatch what u do with this the cpu fan has to have he dame cmf settings as the the fan blowing air ontop of it so just hook them up to the same dial on a fan controller then they run the same
then rum them all at low rpms for little noise but ull need that 400w ps i swear good luck when i get myn done il post it

I have to strongly suggest going with Cupidr17 ideas.

It's really useless to try to fight general heat rise in a case, i.e. blow in cold air at the top or middle.
Draw cold air in at the bottom... let it rise... expell it at the top.

I tried to fight warm air rise in my case... I lost. I had a 120mm fan blowing air from the back right in to the cpu fan, but still I ended up with higher cpu-temps!

My setup is: I left the back pci slots open, had a 80 mm fan far inside PC angled towards the HD-rack, a 120mm expelling air to the back of case right beside the cpu, and the PS also evac's some air. My PS gets mostly cold air from a hole ontop of my case.

So... wise from my attempts I flipped the fan over and expelled the hot cpu air instead and voilá ! 4C lower temps!
Also most of the air into case comes from the openings in the bottom of case

As others have pointed out, drawing air in so close to the powersupply will mean, you'll be sucking some warm air.

One further tip for you Sandrock: Make sure the fan in the front can breathe! It seemed a bit stuffed by the plastic cover and the tiny holes... tiny holes suck.. one big hole will blow!

Back