• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling doubts about OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yaku

Hi! I have moved to Japan and I'm building my new workstation. But I have doubts about the ventilation of the box... This is the PC that I will build:

-Corsair Carbide 600C
-Intel Core i7 6800K
-Corsair H115i
-COOLER MASTER V750 Semi-Modular
-Motherboard STRIX ASUS X99 GAMING
-nVIDIA GeForce GTX1070
-RAM Corsair DDR4-2666 / 32GB
-SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
-HDD 3TB Toshiba
-LG BH14NS58 (BD)

I want to do 4.0GHz OC to the CPU. Perhaps a Corsair H115i is excessive? Will be more worth normal air fan? Or should I do more OC? My other question is, do I need more fans inside of the box so that the components do not get too hot? Or is it enough with the fans which includes the tower? It comes with three fans AF140L inside. Two 140 mm in the front and one of the same size at the rear. I appreciate your help very much!

I am sorry, my native language is not English! >_<

Greetings!

Last edited:
I'd leave it as is with that corsair cooler.

As far as airflow... front/sides = intake. Top/rear = exhaust. If you have an extra fan slot up top/rear after you install the corsair aio, fill it and make it exhaust. If not the aio will be your exhaust.

Thank you! I won't buy new fans, then! Finally I change the box for a Corsair Graphite 780T. Do you think it's a good change?

Thank you very much!!

Back