• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling guidlines for FX-6300 under extreme FPU load.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mubeen

Hi all,
I am a new AMD user, and as expected facing some heat issues due to which the system fails in simple benchmarks e.g. LinX.
The system specs are:
CPU: FX-6300 3.8GHz (Turbo boost enabled) Stock Cooler :(
MB: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX (AMD 760G chipset)
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333
---
Some experts in other sections of this forum said that this might be due to overheating of chipsets (since these chipsets have heatsinks/aluminium fins only). So I am in process of replacing this old crap MB with new AMD 970 chipset based "ASRock 970 Extreme 3", but my other concern is CPU Cooling.

For proper working of FX-6300, at max. load (mainly FPU load) for very long periods, I am looking for a "bang for buck" low-cost(< 50$) water-cooling system. I did a lot of search, but I am extremely confused due to contradicting reviews etc. etc..

So long as your heatsink is mounted properly, you should not be getting heat issues at stock speeds.

A water cooling system that cheap will not cool any better than air... go bigger like Corsair H100i or dont go at all.

Back