• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cooling Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Projektile

Registered
Hey all, quick question that I wanted some advice on. I am running a 3570k @ 4.5, 1.2v. Idle temps are around 28-38c, and on load w/ IBT I can easily get over 90-95c.

Currently, I am using an AIO Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer. I have checked the cooler multiple times to check if its seated properly and even reapplied thermal paste, but the temps still stay around the same. I do plan on building a completely custom WC loop in the near future, so I am sure the problem will be fixed then.

Should I buy a heatsink for now instead of the AIO or just wait a lil while to build the WC loop? I plan on getting a Hyper 212 or a V8 since I have a store that sells em for fairly cheap around here.

I am just worried about the chip getting too hot, gaming gets me around to 70-75c which I feel is a little too warm for use hours on end. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help guys

I would say about a month, maybe 2 tops. Getting kinda tight on funds sadly...

slow it down until I get the cooler or just overall? would it benefit me more to get a hyper 212 instead of this AIO for now?

hmmm this is true. and yeah i know, just trying to weigh my options in the event that it takes a little longer than expected to acquire my WC :cry:

You might want us to check your voltages etc. We'll need to see a Prime 95 small fft run of 20 minutes and screenshots of CPU-Z especially the tag showing voltages. Also, what do you have your voltages set to in the bios? If your using a Mobo auto overclock there is your problem most likely.

You could also have a bad AIO cooler. They are cheap and have a pretty high failure rate.

Please come back with the info I mention and we'll see what is going on. Also, pics on what your thermal paste looks like on the CPU when you remove the CPU block could help. And maybe a bit about your case etc. Fannage etc. We seen it all.

Last edited:
yeah, ill be sure to do all that tonight. something I just noticed though, I just ran IBT and noticed that the multiplier fluctuated from 3.8 to 4.5 through the test...is that normal?

edit: so I fixed that issue, definitely overlooked a small thing *facepalm* lol dropped my temps down quite a bit in the process

Last edited:
Back