• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling my 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heres what ive got for pictures.

Attachments

• i3.jpg
    i3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 82
  • i3-1.jpg
    i3-1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 82
I looked at the case, the fan ports on the side of the case will not be used for the heatsink, if that was your thought.

Could i get away with mounting the rads on the outside of the case and having the tubes go in through the ports on the back while mounting the fans on the inside of the case?

If you use the XSPC brackets of even your own (2"angle brackets form Home depot/Lowes) you will have enough room to mount the radiator and fans externally. The hose punchout at the top of the case will allow running the hose to and from the radiator.

Before you buy cooling, picking out a suitable case is priority. Figure out exactly what you are getting and we can help you pick out s suitable cooler.

That's what most do and come here freaking out why things don't fit or they need to chop up their case and pricey it can be sometimes. Trust me, I've seen it many times and wish they've had come to use before buying anything. In general I tell everyone to plan out their loop with said water cooling components and than go case shopping. It works really well that way.

Im look at getting this. http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/elite-370/ it will have my r9 280x windforce, sabertooth r2 mobo in it. you think i could get away with a dual rad on the top and a single on the exhaust fan?

No way you'll have enough room in a case like that. I saw a few pics with a air cooler and to my eyes I was amazed it fit as it had NO room left up top. That right there says a lot. Unless you're willing to go buy another case, I would advise thinking of a custom water cooling external plan.

One thing I learned with custom water cooling is ALWAYS buy a case bigger than you think you need. Radiators take space ( or do what I did with my 3930k rig and buy an external Watercool MO RA3-420 Pro)

With the small case you have, I would also advise going with a external rad/pump/res setup and fishing the lines through the case holes to their respective water blocks. Just make sure to create some sort of a drain at the lowest point of the loop internally inside the case so maintenance and component exchanges run simpler.

you can use a small case just takes some modding some times :)
water3.jpg

I dont have a problem with doing some modding, i find that part of the builds is where i have the most enjoyment, so if i have to ill do it.

Back