• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling setup for Lian-Li v2000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianS

Anyone know the best configuration for the Lian-Li V2000? I'm using both 120mm fans plus the 2 80mm fans, also should i flip the fan on my SP94 so it is blowing outwards?

edit, i also didnt check which way the heatpipes are since the motherboard was flipped so maybe that will help LOL

You want the fan on your heatsink blowing down onto your heatsink. You can try both ways, but I gauruntee this will work best.

I'd say to just go with the general idea of front is intake and back is exhaust. Seems to work fairly well.

ya, i dont think i can switch the way my sp94 is mounted due to the base of the mobo tray.....so i will have to deal with my corsair watercooler maybe i can mod it to be quieter

however, the hdds are cool to the touch so that is good

the adda 72cfm 120mm fans seem a bit overrated to me.....anyone else notice this?? i can barely feel the air coming out the rear, maybe i need to cut away the mesh. i feel a lot more air coming out of my 80mm panaflo 48cfm fans on 7v but that is with a different exhaust hole

Here's a pic of the heat pipe orientations..:). For better air flow and reduced noise remove all fan grids. Make sure your wiring and cables are out of the air paths also.;)

SP94_Heatpipe_Orientation_i.gif

please don't quote my pic.:)

do you think it really matters what way the heatpipes are, i dont think i can change it

As long as it's not the pic with 1 star, you'll be OK..:) And yes it matters..Try laying your rig on its back and test your temps...With everything running the same load as you tested with it in the upright position..Mine dropped, 3°C with the case in a desktop position..:D

** Load, not Idle.;)

Back