• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolit ECO Radiator Orientation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
their new 1200w one is by a new company (for corsair), flextronics...i don't remember the old one

Got the ECO installed. Yes the radiator lines are a little stiff but they bend easily enough to get them out of the way. So far my idle temps have been pretty the much the same as the T120E (push/pull). I do realize the temp diodes are not all that accurate but I did not expect to see the same variance in the core temps. It was the same with the T120. I am questioning whether or not I have the h/s seated properly because of the variation in the core temps and I use the pre-applied TIM. The 3pin & 4pin connector for pump power and fan could be a couple inches longer imo.

I did run prime95 for a bit not 15 mins yet, and the highest core was 55c for about 5 mins. It did take quite a while to recover however. I will pay more attention to recovery time when I do tests with the stock clock.

Here are the stock temps

Core 0 = 40c
Core 1 = 33c
Core 2 = 38c
Core 3 = 35c

More to follow.

Got the ECO installed. Yes the radiator lines are a little stiff but they bend easily enough to get them out of the way. So far my idle temps have been pretty the much the same as the T120E (push/pull). I do realize the temp diodes are not all that accurate but I did not expect to see the same variance in the core temps. It was the same with the T120. I am questioning whether or not I have the h/s seated properly because of the variation in the core temps and I use the pre-applied TIM. The 3pin & 4pin connector for pump power and fan could be a couple inches longer imo.

I did run prime95 for a bit not 15 mins yet, and the highest core was 55c for about 5 mins. It did take quite a while to recover however. I will pay more attention to recovery time when I do tests with the stock clock.

Here are the stock temps

Core 0 = 40c
Core 1 = 33c
Core 2 = 38c
Core 3 = 35c

More to follow.

Do you have the pump plugged into the CPU fan header? Curious. What I found worked for me was to have the radiator fan plugged into the CPU fan header for variable control...and the pump I actually plugged into a chipset fan header set at 100% all the time. The pump RPMs should be around 4000+ all the time if it's right. I use HWmonitor, a small downloaded program to track mine. I know it's a sin in the eyes of some to plug the pump into anything but the CPU fan spot...but I have a max temp turn off enabled in the BIOS in case it dies and I start to overheat. I set up my BIOS CPU speedfan thing to run around 1000 at 30c and full on (1800+ at 50c).

ECO C240 A.L.C.

I have an i7 920 4.4 ghz overclocked and i would like to know if the cool it eco c240 can handle the temps down

The pump is plugged into a 3 pin header set to 100% and the fan is plugged into the 4 pin CPU fan header. I am also using HWMonitor and the pump is spinning at 4200ish rpm. I did notice that the TIM was a little off center. I am going to reseat the pump and apply some other TIM. I only have the shietsu (spelling may be wrong) pads. I can find my little bag with the other stuff.

I have an i7 920 4.4 ghz overclocked and i would like to know if the cool it eco c240 can handle the temps down

No idea...I haven't seen one yet. Plus, it will depend more on voltage an airflow...not your actual overclock.

The pump is plugged into a 3 pin header set to 100% and the fan is plugged into the 4 pin CPU fan header. I am also using HWMonitor and the pump is spinning at 4200ish rpm. I did notice that the TIM was a little off center. I am going to reseat the pump and apply some other TIM. I only have the shietsu (spelling may be wrong) pads. I can find my little bag with the other stuff.
\

Hmmm, tough for me to tell you if thats normal or not...I don't have the same CPU. I can tell you the thermal threshold for your CPU is greater than mine. The AMDs start acting funny with an overclock if you let them breach 55c, your CPU should hang tough up to about 70c.

I am not that concerned about the different core temps. They have always been that way. I did run prime95 - 64bit for 15 mins with the configuration in my sig. As I mentioned earlier I am not interested in OCing... I am more interested in quiet and reliable hence doing this with a stock config. To me this is what "joe blow consumer" may do. eg little upgrade here and there vs lets see how far we can take it before it smokes... :chair:

Prime95 64bit for 15 mins.
Core 0 = 55c
Core 1 = 47c
Core 2 = 51c
Core 3 = 50c

did it seem stable there at 15 mins? I know real water takes longer to stabalize, but idk how these faux water systems do.

did it seem stable there at 15 mins? I know real water takes longer to stabalize, but idk how these faux water systems do.

Mine levels out in about 10 minutes give or take. I think real water takes a smidgen longer cause there is more water physically in the loop.

:thup: sounds good then! water takes longer or shorter depending on how much water is in the loop...oil submersion takes ~12hrs to level off though lol

Yes it was stable. The recovery time is longer however. I waited 10 mins with only a couple degree drop in temp. It was interesting in that I reboot and immediately check the temps after the reboot and they were at the idle temps which I would not expect. The heat can't dissipate that fast. Perhaps the temp diodes are really that bad.

i have my eco cooling my i5 750 at 2.66ghz, stock configuration as per coolit's instructions
right now its 26-32 at idle depending on the core
at full load with prime 95 for 15 minutes its anywere from 47 -52

room temperature is around 28 degrees celcius right now

004psx.jpg

My room temp is at 28.8c at the moment. Your case is also larger which may play into it as well. I am going to try the push/pull config. Bear in mind I am not complaining about the temps just reporting what I am finding.

My room temp is at 28.8c at the moment. Your case is also larger which may play into it as well. I am going to try the push/pull config. Bear in mind I am not complaining about the temps just reporting what I am finding.

rig.jpg

To a point. I let the bios control the fan speed based on temp to keep noise down. The pump is set at 100%. I am not complaining about the temps just reporting what I am finding. I am sure the temps would be lower if I spun the fan up to 100%.

@pleadguitar, is your avatar a schecter hellraiser?

I think that the temps should be dropping immediately, are you sure the fan control is setup right?

@pleadguitar, is your avatar a schecter hellraiser?

I think that the temps should be dropping immediately, are you sure the fan control is setup right?

no thats my schecter c-1 plus custom shop, with the trans-black flamed maple top and emg 81/85 and locking sperzel tuners and tonepros locking t-o-m bridge :D

Wait...its a c-1 but not a hellraiser? I recognized the king/wylde/hammet 81/85's tho!! Nice axe!

Back