• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolit eliminator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mytime34

Hello all,

I am just getting into the water cooling side of things.

I just acquired a Coolit Eliminator setup (FREE) (pump is bad), but everything else seems to be in good condition (needs a good cleaning)

I am updating an old X2 5600 and wanted to see if this is a good setup to use?

I have purchased 2 new pumps from Coolit (they sent me 2 for the cost of shipping)

I have cleaned all of the lines, blocks, etc and am going to start putting it all back together.

I have access to brand new antifreeze and distilled water. Which is better to use?

Any other suggestions would be great.

You may have better luck with responses if you move this thread to the watercooling subforum. Click on the thread tools button at the top of your post to move it.

Well I got the new pumps in and started from scratch.

I put some new tubes on the system along with clamps.
Put in Antifreez (the Orange stuff), got the air bubbles out and ran it.

I ran the setup on my desk, by itself for almost 2 days. I found some small leaks and got them all fixed and now it works great.

I also fixed the fan issue (lots of air leaking out due to the mounting of the fan). I put some rubber gasket material around the fan & housing so that all of the air from the fan goes through the heatsink now.

I connected the CPU block to the X2 5600 and here is what I got for readings:

Low Fan/TEC Setting: 30-40c idle, 60-65c 100% load Prime 95
Medium Fan/Tec Setting:30-33c idle, 50-55c 100% load Prime 95
High Fan/Tec Setting: 12-15c Idle, 40c 100% load Prime 95

The only problem I found is that with the fan/tec on high and very little load there is a lot of condensation on the block, tubes and TEC blocks. So I am thinking about surrounding the CPU block & TEC blocks with spray foam (make the spray foam in the shape of the blocks) for the hoses i am not sure yet.

I want to see what the lowest temps I can get with this setup. I think by foaming the blocks it will help keep the cold in and condensation out or our as much as I can. The tubes are my concern as they did produce some water droplets on my papertowel barrier.

I will try to get some pics up.

Back