• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolit Freezone Pelt system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw it in a magazine before its release a few months ago. It's just a mild water chiller for the CPU. I wonder how it will perform. :shrug:

-GearShift3r

I bet a properly set-up high-end watercooling loop will outperform this set-up. The capacity on it must be a joke and would wilt under the heatload from a high vcore.

Plus it looks like it runs off you computers PSU? This product could work for someone with a stock system but I wouldnt even think about it for OC'ing anything.

I just realized how much this thing costs too, $400? This could be the biggest peice of crap for sale now in terms of cooling.

I read a review of this on some site, when OCing the cpu temp did not go over 30c...u know of any WCing setup that can do that? For me it looks awesome...just waiting for more people to review before I get one

JenBell said:
I read a review of this on some site, when OCing the cpu temp did not go over 30c...u know of any WCing setup that can do that? For me it looks awesome...just waiting for more people to review before I get one

I would really like to see a link to that review please.

Last edited:
That review is terrible, why in the world is he using a OLD socket 478 setup with a Intel 2.8c? Also the temps recorded for the stock A64 cooler were at 62c?

Also JenBell you will notice that they reached temps of 45c "OCed" with this cooler, now I know no system is the same and all temp readings are different but there are plently of people on this forum that can acheive a load temp of 45c with their WC'ing.

Put this product in the hands of a reputable reviewer and watch it crash and burn.

can someone buy one please? I want to upgrade my kooling but thinking of holding off until am2 comes out then go all the way...oh and I did not mean to offend anyone so sorry.

I still think WCing is the way to go but if there is something like this then I would be interested...sorry...some women have to be lazy to make up for all u active men..er..right?

take it from me man...

it takes EVERYTHING and FOREVER to even cool down water....

for the amount of power i'm sure this thing sucks.... the 5 or so degree's it makes isn't worth it.

you can get 4x times that with a single pelt on your cpu.

lol, upon looking at it, I was hoping it was some sort of a joke...stay the hell away from this one folks. A decent water loop will be cheaper and perform better easily.

IMHO, even direct-die pelts are to be avoided in these days of Preslers and Toledos.

exhausted mule said:
^^ and why's that?

its essentially the same function as a phase no?

It has nothing to do with phase at all. They are completely different principles and work in totally different methods.

crash013 said:
Toyota's have the same function as a Ferrari.

That pretty much sums it up :D.

what i meant was that a tec cools the die directly.

sure, they WORK differently and aren't the same principles, but i dont see why you couldn't use a tec to cool a high end chip nowadays.

CoreGamer said:
The OCZ Phase change unit should perform better at the same price

If it even exists, so far its looking like OCZ stole a page out of ATI's book. Anyway I shouldnt hi-jack this thread.

We should all be focusing on how much this product is going to blow instead :D.

Ad Rock said:
I would really like to see a link to that review please.

Here's a better review:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1937683,00.asp

Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.94 GHz. 700 MHz overclock is pretty impressive. The load temp on the CPU is 46C degrees, with idle of ~28. Which really isn't bad considering 700 MHz over stock @ 1.66 Vcore.

Although, they don't state what the ambient room temp was during testing. This is an important piece of info to leave out.

Back