• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i3! question>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2xNEHALEMx2

when this CPU comes out... i want to get it. i know its $120 and its 2.93GHz with 4MB L3 cache... i just want to know if it's coming out september 8th(ONLY A FEW DAYS!!!) or january 2010 :(. if it comes out 2010 ill buy the cheapest one coming out on the 8th (unlless its more than $300 with the mobo and RAM) will i need different RAM for it? i use DDR2-667, i think it only works with DDR3 though.

Why waste your money on i3? Save up a bit more and atleast get i5. i3 is just going to be a rebadged Q9xxx series on a different socket.

im on a budget. ill try to do that if i can. i only have about $270 to spend. AND i have a dell inspiron 530s mATX case. idk if their making P55 Mobos for mATX with the exact I/O setup as my mobo unless something wont stick out i can just hide it behind the I/O cover :)

and the GPU will probably be a bottleneck. will it at my OC ~see below~

It won't be out until January.

Why waste your money on i3? Save up a bit more and atleast get i5. i3 is just going to be a rebadged Q9xxx series on a different socket.

This isn't quite right. They are going to be 2c/4t CPUs - dual cores with hyperthreading. So true quad cores should outperform them in the places that quad cores matter.

Back