• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 case question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I am currently building 10 Core i7 Extreme 3.3 systems for my office. Each will have a 1000 watt PSU, and two, GTX280 OCZ's. My question is can anyone recommend a case that will keep this running cool? They will not be gaming, but will be running 4 monitors and several dispatch programs. I know it is overkill, but the money is there, so I took advantage. I would prefer to order it from TigerDirect if possible. If anyone can help?

i would go for most of the common full towers if you have the space/ mone, antec 1200, haf932 , TT armor
but i guess they are more 'gaming cases'
take a look at lian-li and silverstone, or even the antec 300 / p182 / p180 / p183

when i saw the first sentance of your post my jaw dropped must cost a fortune

Right now it is in the area of $34,000 with 20 22" monitors as well. But I'm looking to spend around $40k

Budgeted dollars hard at work I see.....You get more gold stars for going UNDER budget then you do matching it. I7 Extremes and no LN2 = waste of cash. 1KW PSU for something 850W (60A+) can easily handle = waste of cash. Wow. Wouldnt you want to be the person that was 20k under budget and still satisfied the company's needs now and for years to come? i7 920 would save $700+ per PC.

But to answer your question...Antec300 would be my choice.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

It's not a budget but a grant from the State, so if it's not used, we won't get it next time. They are only allowing us to use the money for computers and nothing else. So I'm trying to get the top of the line stuff.

I would look at some lian-li cases then, they're great quality and airflow, and they have a cleaner, more professional look that say an antec, and thermaltake.

I was drooling when looking to order this stuff. One of these will be at my desk, so I'll be gaming as soon as I get off the clock. Should have them in by the end of the month if I ever decide on a case. What do you guys think is better for something like this, aluminum or steel? Or doesn't matter?

Well if you have the money spare, why not send an order to muderMod? Or even just send him the $40,000 and ask for 10 PCs. He would be really happy with that, and your office would have the best PCs in the world. :D

tj07i-02.jpg

Srsly, you have to do it, I have to see the picture of them all lined up ready to go.

To your question, Alu is lighter but steel is stronger. It all depends if they are going to get beaten up or not.

No, they are going to be on a slider inside a cabinet with a metal mesh front. There are two pc's inside each cabinet, which is why I want to be sure these run cool. As it stands right now, there are two HP Dual Cores in each cabinet and it stays cool in there at all times. Just trying to be on the safe side with getting a good case.

Oh I will take pics. Trust me. We are in the process of adding $187,000 worth of new servers and switches into the office as well. I'm taking lots of pictures. Last week we installed 3 of our 9 new Cisco switches and our new Cisco Catalyst 4510, and firewall. The servers are getting done in the middle of the month. I'm taking a vaca before we start that. Lol.

I can't wait for these though. We just got a Comcast business line running 50down and 10up, so I think I'll be good for the after work gaming sessions.

Can't change the monitor size. They are mounted on a pole one on top of each other. With monitors in each side. I can post a pic of it in the morning.

Got it. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you're talking about.

I hope you put SSDs in all of those computers. That should jack up the price.

if i was in your case, i make cuts like a 920 instead of a 975 and the psu and stuff, and then buy a super duper big *** server. you can tell the powers at be that it can host the company's website, and all kinds of other stuff, and you might even be able to rent out web hosting.

what is your company? like what do they do more specifically.

Back