• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 case question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
man oh man if my job one day came up to me and told me you have a 30k budget for pc stuff knock your self out...the things i could do lol

Antec, Thermaltake, Coolermaster etc cater for more casual gamers and general PC owners in general.
if you want a more sophisiticated, refined look, go something like Lian Li or Silverstone.
i like the TJ07 the best. best looking case out there :santa:

knock yourself out on some Antec Signature 850w PSUs...one of the best high end PSUs you can get. :thup:
if it was me, i'd be using them for sure.
knock yourself out on heatsinks as well. why not stick a Thermalright Ultra Copper in each system? that'll keep the cpu cool, even without fans.

the Antec P18x cases aren't bad either. they don't have the whole gamer look, so it could work

Here is a picture of the monitor setup I was describing...

1zmcda9.jpg

We can fit 6 22" montitors on them if we squeeze em....

I work for a city department. We have about 140 desktops, 40 mobile computers, and 6 buildings.
I'll try to put up some pics of our server equip, switches etc....It's the best job I've had yet....

Make sure u add some SSD's :) and going for an i7 920, and spending the saved money on an ssd would be well worth it, that system would be a waste with a mechanical hdd

i want your job :eek:

Getting a quote on the Silverstone TJ09 in silver. Waiting for that, but wanted to say thanks to everyone for being helpful and inviting. I got a feeling I'm gonna be sticking around the forums.

My only recommendation is to try and find a case with filters for easier cleaning. I would not want the task of opening up all those cases and cleaning out the dust. Pulling off some filters and cleaning them would save a lot of hassle.

I love my P182. It has filters and quite a bit of space for HDD's and other things. You can fit alot of fans in it too for great airflow and they look very classy.

You would literally just be burning money if you didn't go with the 920. You can get those to the extreme clocks (3.2Ghz) on stock cooling without even touching the voltage. Mine is at 180*21=3.8Ghz at 1.35v totally stable and cool. Also, if you're doing video rendering maybe look into a Quadro FX instead of the 2 GTX 285's.

And here's a PC I put together for some I know: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14598608

ATCS 840, Corsair Obsidian (soon out) or the new Lian-Li new case (forgot the number).

If you are into LEDs, Antec 1200 or Haf 932.

Do you know what your total budget is? Because I have to agree if you are close to the top end of your budget, but haven't added SSD's or Raptor's yet, drop down to a 920, 850watt psu and then pop in a couple of intel's new 164gb 32nm ssd's. :D

Ok, finally got these machines in...Specs are Core i7 870, SilverStone TJ09 cases, Noctua CPU coolers, 1TB WD Caviar HD, Dual Sapphire HD 5850's, Cooler Master 1000watt PSU, 3gb of ram (has to be 32bit sucks I know). Got 10 machines like this. Plus 25-22" Samsung monitors, 10 additional 1TB drives, 4 extra Sapphire HD 5850's, 5 extra PSU's...Here are some pics...I'm gonna open another one up tomorrow, and take some better pics...

of4rqq.jpg

20o0hh.jpg

2qb6e5k.jpg

24c6t03.jpg

Ok, finally got these machines in...Specs are Core i7 870, SilverStone TJ09 cases, Noctua CPU coolers, 1TB WD Caviar HD, Dual Sapphire HD 5850's, Cooler Master 1000watt PSU, 3gb of ram (has to be 32bit sucks I know). Got 10 machines like this. Plus 25-22" Samsung monitors, 10 additional 1TB drives, 4 extra Sapphire HD 5850's, 5 extra PSU's...Here are some pics...I'm gonna open another one up tomorrow, and take some better pics...

of4rqq.jpg

20o0hh.jpg

2qb6e5k.jpg

24c6t03.jpg

What state is this for? Glad to see the money is being "well spent".

Back