• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp - A program for accurate Intel temperature monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so if you have a quad, you look at core # 1,2,3,4 and you want all of those temps under 70 degrees or so? or do you look at the Tjunction temp??

tjunction is the max temp for the die, you want a 20c buffer to the tjuction number.

So just to make sure im not an idiot, if im getting temps of
"73C* to Tjunction max remaining" it is safe, till I get to about 20C* remaining?

I don't think it's showing the right temps for my E2140 M0. In previous 0.95.4, I get 29C idle and 60C load but with this new version, I'm getting 45C idle and 75C load. Doesn't make a lot of sense?!

That could be corect aoch88, i belive from reding up on this that there weas a bug/error in the reading of the tjunction max, resulting in a 15C* lower temp.

That could be corect aoch88, i belive from reding up on this that there weas a bug/error in the reading of the tjunction max, resulting in a 15C* lower temp.

Yup, I notice the Tjunction has been changed from 85C to 100C in the new version. We're talking about 75-77C full load. Is that for real?!

Btw, I'm on IFX-14 and it looks like temps are terrible high :(

I think it may be wrong, it will be back to normal in the next release.

TheCoolest, are you saying you believe the M0 chips are actually an 85c TjunctionMax? I think they are 100c and posted in another thread on the subject. It doesn't affect me as I don't have an M0 chip, but just out of curiosity, I'd love to know the outcome of this interesting issue. Anyway, here's the post:

Just playing the devil's advocate, have a look at the Intel specs:

E4400 L2 Stepping & E4400 M0 Stepping

The thermal specs are 61.4c for the L2 & 73.3c for the M0. AFAIK, they didn't change how they came up with the thermal spec (very simplified, an external temperature probe on the IHS). How could the TjunctionMax go DOWN while the thermal spec went UP?

That's what is leading me to believe that they still have a 100c TjunctionMax. Now, whether 15c needs to be added to CoreTemp (and every other temp monitoring prog in existence apparently) is a question I can't answer.

Could it be that the TjunctionMax is just being reported incorrectly but the temperatures are correct? This is definitely a strange issue.

Version 0.96.1 - 15th January, 2008

- Add: Support for *Phenom and "Barcelona" Opteron.
- Add: Support all K8 processors.
- Add: Support Intel Celeron M 500 series.

- Fix: Wrong CPU speed on Intel ES chips.
- Fix: Fix M0 Tjunction max detection.
- Fix: Intel QX6850 CPU's rating shown as QX6650.
- Fix: Intel E6550 CPU's rating shown as E6650.
- Fix: Intel Celeron M 400 series detected incorrectly.
- Fix: AMD Opteron for Socket AM2 reported as Santa Rosa instead of Santa Ana.

*Please read this.

Last edited:
Thanks TheCoolest!!! What was the conclusion on M0...reading TjunctionMax wrong but temps right? (at least that's my current theory.) I'd test myself but no M0 chip to do so with.

Thanks for the link Coolest, and thanks for this great little program as well. It's people like you that keep us from frying our chips!

Thanks for all your hard work 'The Coolest'!

It'd be nice if Intel would just release the Tjmax spec. I don't understand them wanting to hold back this valuable piece of info.

Intel, you seem to be more OCer friendly lately, so please release the spec already!

Version 0.97 - 5th March, 2008

- Add: Vista x64 support - All drivers are now digitally signed!
- Add: Logitech G15 keyboard support - see ReadMe!.txt for details.
- Add: Support 45nm LGA775 Xeon series.

- Fix: Opaque background in system tray wasn't 16x16 pixels.
- Fix: Yonah based CPUs incorrectly detected.
- Fix: 1333FSB Dual Core Conroe based Xeon incorrectly detected.
- Fix: Dreaded cycle of "Driver can't load" messages if driver failed to load.
- Fix: Socket AM2 Athlon-FX was not recognized.

- Change: Core Temp layout on a Phenom.

Back