• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Unlocker and Core Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsranch

Registered
I'm just throwing this out here but it's annoying that no "Temp Monitor" program works when the BE core is unlocked. Isn't that what Core Temp is all about, overclocking and checking the temps? I used Asus AI and "Auto" overclock to increase core from 3.7 to 4.0, rather minor but I'm sure there is a lot more to be had. Of course I'm trying to stay with stability and not extreme since this machine is used for many purposes besides gaming.

yea, it's a 980 BE. and when I unlock the core clock it kills all temp sensors. I've read this happens with the BE core unlock.

There is nothing to unlock on your CPU.
The four cores are fully functional from the beginning.
Core unlocking feature is for Athlon/Phenom x2/x3, with factory disabled core(s).

I know they're fully funcional, Task Manager shows that. I was under the impression that the Core Unlock ("Please Press 4 To Unlock Core") removed the timing caps for both the multiplier and fsb. And doing that kills the sensors that Core Temp use.

This feature is for CPUs with locked cores only.
The only thing it does when activated on a 4 cores CPU (6 cores if Thuban) is killing the core temps sensor.
It won't do anything else.

Back