• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

telep_man

Registered
Hi,
Just got me a new budget rig with Athlon II X3 and an AM3+ Asus board. I was hoping to unlock the 4th core, but if I enable core unlocker it only shows cores 2 and 3, whith enable/disable options. And if I reboot with core unlocker enabled all I get is black screen. After manual restart I get a message saying "The current CPU can't use Asus core unlocker". Did anyone encounter that? Is there a way around it? Any help would be much apreciated.
My rig:
Athlon II X3 455
Asus M5A97
2x2GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz
HD 4670 512MB
500GB Samsung F3

There is good information in this thread: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...3&id=20110109062600785&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

It sounds like the processor simply won't unlock. You could try simple things such as resetting the BIOS. If you wanted a quad, you should have bought one. The system is guaranteed to run stock speeds and settings. The x3 you have is an x3 for a reason, the fourth core was incapable of running properly; so they disabled it.

Back