• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Coretemp or AI Suite II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrsj77

Registered
Hello overclockers,
I'm not sure if this would be the proper place to start this thread, but I was just wanting to know if I should trust coretemp or my asus utilty software when it comes to temps? It seems core temp is lower than the asus utlity by like 10-15 degrees most of the time, so which one would be closer to my real temps here are some screenies of each one while playing Guild Wars 2. CPU Usuage at 38% is that good ?
Untitled.jpg

CoreTemp + offset 15c or AI Suite temps are close.
Well how about HWmonitor ? it is almost the same as core temp, but my main concern is that whichever is closest are these temps i'm at ok for a stock setup while gaming? Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
HWMonitor > Temperatures > CPU = AI Suite temp
HWMonitor > AMD FX-4170 > Core #x = CoreTemp temperature.

1st is accurate within 5c of real, second is 15-20c off reality.

I agree with beepbeep2, cpu temp in hardware monitor is socket or vrm temp. core temp in hardware monitor is accepted as core temp.

HWMonitor > Temperatures > CPU = AI Suite temp
HWMonitor > AMD FX-4170 > Core #x = CoreTemp temperature.

1st is accurate within 5c of real, second is 15-20c off reality.
ok so what would be a safe temp range while gaming with this processor and case setup I have

i think 55c on the cores as read by hardware monitor is max safe 24/7 62c peak temp on the cores.
I also like to keep 'cpu' temp within 10c of core temps.

Back