• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Corsair 570x Crystal Clear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patuga

This is my personal rig, so i wanted something cool but also didn't require a lot of work to put together. I chose the Corsair Crystal 570x and decided to add some RGB to it :p

After putting everything together, there were a couple of things i didn't like:

- I didn't like the fact that the Tinted Glass Panels made everything look grey instead of white.
- The Psu shroud didn't have a cover at the edge so the psu wires could be seen.
- The Stock fan brackets had some ugly cut-outs and didn't really look very good with rgb fans.
- The "dark side" was showing. This one was really bad :(
- I could only mount 2 fans at the top, which looked weird.

XMr791T.jpg
8OpdGrp.jpg
dD5OTal.jpg
c0NxuHZ.jpg
eHyslFj.jpg

So I decided to add some custom made parts we've been making, to make my build look better. Here's what i added to the build:

Fullsize Psu Shroud:
MBcdwlO.jpg
fmrmgZI.jpg

Fan Brackets (top and front). The Front Bracket lowers the fans by 10mm, which lets you install a 360mm radiator at the front and still be able to install 3x 120mm fans at the top, with our custom brackets.
H9gJm7R.jpg
J5BPjC8.jpg
m4zIpaw.jpg
BFLnvu5.jpg
ZJCjtzo.jpg
ft6uAHX.jpg

Motherboard tray Cover:
xUI7P3c.jpg
ccAf9rX.jpg

Clear Panels for Front, Top and window side, and a matt white for the backside to hide the cables:
tYqXHXf.jpg
BJCq0gw.jpg
QjZrcY6.jpg
24HF9VR.jpg
Now the case looks white as it should 😆
SInkxQn.jpg

Gpu Backplate:
y24kHEz.jpg

Finished looks:
w9ttufr.jpg
OAzKC6a.jpg
NyL7rSF.jpg
tV5JBLq.jpg

And that's it for now :)
Let me know what you think of it.

Looks clean n clear! (And under control)
Beautiful build! Looks just like Alaric's!

How fast is she? Specs?:D

Specs are:
Msi Z390 Gaming Edge AC
Intel i7-9700K
G.Skill 3200Mhz Sniper X 2x16GB
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Corsair CX650M
Corsair H150i Pro RGB

I have to say, I love the sound quality on this motherboard. I went for what i believe to be a balanced system. i use this pc for gaming and light work (Acad, photoshop, corel) so i have no need for a 9900K, so i saved a few bucks i used to upgrade from a 970evo to a 970 Pro. I also went with this motherboard since i don't overclock. Cpu is so fast already, i think i wouldn't get much more from it to justify getting a 400€ motherboard. the extra cash i used to upgrade from the 2070 to the 2080 (for a 2070 you might as well get a 1080ti) and the Psu is the one i had already, which is also fine for this machine.

The only sad part about this build now is that i would have saved at least 200€ if i had not bought it a week before christmas :p. prices are coming down across the line, and the new 2080 super... goddamn :p

Back